2013 Derby Weekenders...dates and bookings available

Info and chat about wargaming weekend events arranged by LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG in both England and Scotland
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

2013 Derby Weekenders...dates and bookings available

Post by Blucher » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Following on from this years very successful (and sold out) Weekenders Barry, Toggy and I are proud to announce the dates of the 2013 Derby Weekenders -

1st/2nd/3rd March
11th/12th/13th October

These 2 Weekenders will both be 1690's Ireland based games featuring vast/huge amounts of Barry's marvelous Warfare Miniatures range...figures that you can command and push around a vast playing area.......!

We feel that with what's yet to come from Warfare next year (yes, I know what Barry has 'on the bench' as it were, but can not divulge - sorry)....

....and what is being thought of, designed and currently in production on the terrain/scenery front...it is going to be a very exciting year for us Derby Weekender Organisers......

By the end of September, the 'new flyer/booking form' should be available to download (once I've sent it over to Barry!!!)

We were cleaned out of the flyers we took to 'Partizan' recently...and some of the places have already been booked off the back of the Demo game we put on there (see the pics in The Gallery - 'LoA On Tour')...so as always - if interested....BOOK EARLY...to guarentee your place...

As usual, sections of both next years mamouth terrain project and the ever expanding Warfare Miniatures Range will do the show rounds in 2013, with hopefully a few 'new shows' attended (subject to being able to 'get in/invited') - so 'sneek previews' on what Weekender guests will be fighting over will be in evidence...

Anyway...more details/snippets and other devlopments about 2013 after this years final Derby Weekender in 3 weeks time...we've got some really interesting and fun things in store for the guests that are coming along ....Barry, Toggy and I have been like the McBeth witches on this one!!!!!!!!!

Adrian
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Re: 2013 Derby Weekenders...dates and bookings available

Post by j1mwallace » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 am

Morning.
Gentlemen attending (using the term loosely).
Can you please advise the name and address of the hotel so that my Satnav can guide us there.
Is evening scoff booked on the Friday. Tam is getting geared up as we speak,Tennents superlager and buckie in hand.
regards
:lol:
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:45 am

j1mwallace wrote: Tam is getting geared up as we speak,Tennents superlager and buckie in hand.
regards :lol:
Is that for the October game or is he already warming up for next year? :lol: We know he likes a beverage, or twooooo
Cheers
Dave
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by BP » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Derby Conference Center, London Rd, Derby.

If my crap nav can find it, I'm sure yours will Jim.

Bill
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Jim

If Tam's bringing some Buckie down - get him to bring extra for Toggy and Me ...... we can't get it down here....and you know we like some of the 'stronger stuff'.......

'..cheers...'

Adrian
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Is the booking form available yet, or where do I express my interest...?

(October weekend)
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Russian James wrote:Is the booking form available yet, or where do I express my interest...?

(October weekend)
Just PM Blucher/Adrian
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Really glad to see both weekenders are already filling up. More info on scenarios etc soon....

I will also try and set up the new booking form in the Warchest (sorry about this tardiness!)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:47 am

Is there still space for the March-Weekender for me?
If yes, I would have to book today :roll: :)

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:04 am

Gentlemen,

I just booked myself a flight to Derby for March 2013. This, the request in the message before AND the reservation at the last weekender should convince you that I want to be there again :wink: :D

Also, even that they may not take part, I will take some Saxon troops with me if only to show the flag.

Thanks for All,
Günter

andy thompson
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andy thompson » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Friedrich August I. wrote:Gentlemen,

I just booked myself a flight to Derby for March 2013. This, the request in the message before AND the reservation at the last weekender should convince you that I want to be there again :wink: :D

Also, even that they may not take part, I will take some Saxon troops with me if only to show the flag.

Thanks for All,
Günter
I'm glad to hear that Your Majesty.

As you know, I've always been a firm supporter of you rightful claim to the throne <whistles innocently>

Andy
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:32 pm

andy thompson wrote:....I'm glad to hear that Your Majesty.

As you know, I've always been a firm supporter of you rightful claim to the throne <whistles innocently>

Andy
:D Your anticipatory obedience has been well received, Lord Thompson

Gerryjd
Captain
Captain

Post by Gerryjd » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:32 pm

andy thompson wrote:
Friedrich August I. wrote:Gentlemen,

Thanks for All,
Günter
I'm glad to hear that Your Majesty.

Andy
Fetchin Brown-noser!!!! :D :lol: :D

Just saying out loud what everybody else was thinking Andy!!!! :D :D :D

Cheers

Gerry
You may call it sarcasm........I, on the other hand, prefer to refer to it as a humorous observation!!! :-)
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 pm

To all of my Loyal Subjects..oops... I ment
To all my Friends :D

For October 2013 I currently check the possibilties to drive with my own car up to Derby. More or less as the centerpiece of a 2-3 weeks Holiday's in England.

Therefore it may be that I have ask a lot of (silly) questions in the future.

More of it soon

Günter

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:12 pm

Friedrich August I. wrote: For October 2013 I currently check the possibilties to drive with my own car up to Derby. More or less as the centerpiece of a 2-3 weeks Holiday's in England. Günter
I hope you're not coming for the sunny weather at that time of year? :lol: but you will certainly find lots of historical sites to visit.
Cheers
Dave