Mustering the troops

Info and chat about wargaming weekend events arranged by LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG in both England and Scotland
toggy
Major General
Major General

Mustering the troops

Post by toggy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:34 pm

Although there's still 6 months before our Waterloo, their is some activity on the recruitment front.

The French are busy amassing both light & heavy cavalry

Plenty more reinforcements to come over the remaining months.

Vive La France

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Mustering the troops

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Beautifull Stuff Bob :D

It seems that you have finally found time to paint more "usefull" Miniatures :wink:

Great Work!

Cheers,

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Sadly Gunter I still don't have time to paint, all of the cavalry are painted for me by the very talented Rob Goodyear.

The 2 dismounted officers & the wagon are by myself.
Last edited by toggy on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:55 pm

toggy wrote:Sadly Gunter I still don't have time to paint, all of the cavalry are painted or me by the very talented Rob Goodyear.

The 2 dismounted officers & the wagon are by myself.
:shock:

So You are down to the same problem I face for some times now - no time to paint your own Minis and if then only a few.

Currently I had to stop all my projects, on the sculpting front as well as on the painters front. Therefore no Russians 1812 or Saxons 1870 will be done in the near future :roll: :cry:

None the less your Collection is growing

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Yes Gunter the same problem, so we find a solution, give them to someone else who does have the time.

A shame about your 2 projects being stalled, but I'm sure you'll get them started again.
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 am

Friedrich August I. wrote:Currently I had to stop all my projects, on the sculpting front as well as on the painters front. Therefore no Russians 1812 or Saxons 1870 will be done in the near future :roll: :cry:
Very sorry to hear that, Günter, but completely understandable given the situation with your employer. As Bob predicts, things will surely pick-up for you in the future, and you will return to these projects with renewed energy! :D
Bryce
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:29 am

Having notified all players about their potential commands we have so far had confirmations of agreement from Adam, Bill R, Alan, Paul P, Paul A, Peter A, Mike and I am assuming Gunter(who of course will play the Saxon officer Kielmannsegge!). Gerry's role is also set.
Still waiting to hear from Greg, Bill P, Colin, Les, Marcel and Peter Mc.

The orbats are taking shape too with hundreds of troops heading north to Scotland for muster.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu May 07, 2015 8:59 am

barr7430 wrote:Having notified all players about their potential commands we have so far had confirmations of agreement from Adam, Bill R, Alan, Paul P, Paul A, Peter A, Mike and I am assuming Gunter(who of course will play the Saxon officer Kielmannsegge!). Gerry's role is also set.
Still waiting to hear from Greg, Bill P, Colin, Les, Marcel and Peter Mc.

The orbats are taking shape too with hundreds of troops heading north to Scotland for muster.
You assume correctly Barry even as Kielmannsegge was a native Hanoveranian. The only Saxon I know of to be with the Allies was Count Thielemann with the Prussian III Corps.

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Ah! I am sure I read in Adkin that Kielmannsegge was a Saxon... I just read something in the last week that talked about that. Maybe it was Barbero... I'll have to have a look again...

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:42 am

Carronade was useful for a catch up with some of our players yesterday..
Bill R
Bill P
Colin
Alan C

All OK with their command allocations. We just need to hear from Marcel and Greg and then we are there I think.

More troops bought yesterday by Gerry and Bob. This is going to look incredible.

Henry Ford
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Sun May 10, 2015 11:47 am

barr7430 wrote:
More troops bought yesterday by Gerry and Bob. This is going to look incredible.
I think you're right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:04 am

Commanders participating in our forthcoming event should not be alarmed at my silence so far on the weekender preparations. I earned my Blue Peter Waterloo Pedantry badge in May at the 200 celebrations so will be able to use my umpire's 'button counter' trump card at moments of high tension.
Since my full immersion bath in the 100 Days Campaign I have been drying off in 17th century Western Ireland - no mean feat considering their annual rainfall.

We have been carefully observing the battle reports from several other Waterloo wargaming events this year and learning valuable lessons which we very much hope to apply to our weekender.
The recurring theme from these has been an inability to complete the battle in the allotted time. Whether this has anything to do with table set up, rules mechanisms, umpiring or other factors is not always clear.

We want to avoid that at all costs and are working on an innovative way to turn the battle into an episodic event and allow the players to enjoy command decisions, rolling dice and punching the air. Our team will do the back aching stuff.

There will be some interesting little twists but we want to stick to the story as much as possible and allow players to really engage with the command decisions of the day.

There are I believe a couple of spare places as we had some late cancellations due to changed circumstances. So if you are out there and you want 2 days of top quality wargaming and low brow comedy there is still a chance to grab it by contacting us through the forum or directly by email.

I know Bob and Gerry have cornered the market in Napoleonic figures and have sub contracted every commercial painter west of the Mekong Delta to muster the troops.

We have a Quatre Bras warm up in September in Irvine, Scotland.

It's nearly time to pull on your campaign boots Gentlemen!

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:13 am

Gents,

In less then 36 hours I will start my Trip to England. Any Last Words?

If anybody is interested in:
I intend to travel the same route as last time only cutting the Holidays a bit shorter than before by making one stop less then previously.
First stay overnight will be Magdeburg again. The second night I will sleep on the Ferry and not, as earlier, in Holland. The third night I intend to stay in Leighton Buzzard before I drive north to Derby to take over my "Command" there. On Monday I will be on my Way back towards Austria.

Best,
Günter

Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:27 pm

Have a good trip Günter.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Adam Hayes wrote:Have a good trip Günter.
Thank You Adem :D

The Britannica sails off at the very moment. Landfall tomorrow at 6.30AM