GNW Dollies

Conflict between the Swedes and their various neighbours between 1670s and 1721. Including topics on Danes, Saxons, Saxon-Polish, Russians and anyone else the boys in blue were mixing it with!
toggy
Major General
Major General

Re: GNW Dollies

Post by toggy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Having just had a sneak preview of the figures, I can definitely say that these are worth waiting for.
No doubting the quality from Gareth & the commitment from Barry.

All you guys waiting patiently, keep the faith a little bit longer, it's definitely worth it.

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Dannie, just sent you some lovely pix to look at.... but you are on vacation!!!!! :lol:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:59 am

These look absolutely superb!
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:36 am

I thought the French Guard were stunning but I think Clib has outdone himself this time.
Cheers
Dave
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:12 pm

stunning figures . would hope that the Swedish infantry would be advancing /charging figures. not unlike ebor and musketeer gnw swedes . think that pose look's better for the swede's. also not sure on the grenadier fantastic figure . but i'm honestly not sure if the Swedish grenadiers actualy wore mitre cap's on campaign. this is just a personaly opinion.
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:31 pm

I think the grenadier is fighting for Holy Mother Russia turrabear and at least one of the Swedes is in a fairly aggressive pose...

Ooops! Hadn't noticed the 'other' grenadier, sorry...
Last edited by Russian James on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm

Pretty sure Clib will have done his research. Remember also.. these are tests. When I push the button we'll expand to all appropriate poses for each army so I wouldn't get too hung up on whether poses are right for specific troop types.

The tests had a very specific purpose:

1. To allow Clib to flex his creative muscles and articulate my ideas in 3D.. ie a practice run.

2. To find the 'groove' for the feel of the range. By this I mean what it will actually look like and convey to customers. Our idea crystallizes around the words: animation/movement/style/campaign feel/freshness(avoid repetition of what is out there already ie Musketeer /Reiver / Foundry etc) /completeness.

3. We have probably the most extensive range of body dollies available and so the variety of look we can get into this range should be un-paralled.

4. Allow the investors to provide input and comment(as you are doing on this thread) and then decide the way forward.

We have the infrastructure to make this work: Marketing, Design, Production, Distribution and Sales. Once the scope of the range is defined we are off and running.

Just to reiterate, we will not use the kickstarter option. Too many parties involved and too much pointless correspondence with dozens of people who may only have invested a few quid. We've got the cash to go solo pretty much from the off.

Chocks away!

Henry Ford
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:08 pm

thanks for heads up there mr h . as I said my comments were only a personal opinion. but i'm still as commited to day as I was from day one . so for all it's worth i'm still in.ready to go when you are.
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:17 am

barr7430 wrote:Dannie, just sent you some lovely pix to look at.... but you are on vacation!!!!! :lol:
On vacation but can never escape the web! These appear to be Clib's best work yet IMHO and that's saying something.
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Post by Clibinarium » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:17 am

First test figures now up on the blog;
http://leagueofaugsburg.blogspot.co.uk/ ... eview.html
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:49 am

so where do we go from here with the range.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:01 am

Clib and I have had the first discussion about the process and are due to speak again over the coming days. I am currently drawing up a master list which we'll cost and then take an open discussion (not in the public forum but by private mail) with interested investors in the project. From there we'll enter a full production schedule. I would say first available production figures to investors would appear before the end of the year.

Henry Ford
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:13 am

thanks for that mr h . give me a pm when you're ready to go.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Guys,

we are currently drawing up a draft plan. This will be costed and then we'll have the debate amongst the potential/actual investors to establish what we have enough capital to achieve. This will be conducted in a private email group off forum. Should be ready to do this within a week to 10 days

Henry Ford
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:15 pm

the games afoot.