Battle of Helsingborg

Conflict between the Swedes and their various neighbours between 1670s and 1721. Including topics on Danes, Saxons, Saxon-Polish, Russians and anyone else the boys in blue were mixing it with!
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Battle of Helsingborg

Post by Dfogleman2 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:40 am

With the help of the magic of Google Translate and my very, very meager knowledge of Swedish I have translated Arthur Stille's chapter on the Battle of Helsingborg in his book "Skanska Krig 1709-1710." The original book can be found online at Tacitus' wonderful website on the GNW. If anyone would like me to e-mail him a copy, just pm me.

The chapter is about 45 pages, with lots of detail. I must warn you that I do not speak Swedish and I am sure that I have made a lot of mistakes. However I think it shows are pretty clear picture of what happened. As Tacitus has written elsewhere, changes in Swedish spelling conventions since the publication of the book have made it difficult to use Google Translate. Further, writing styles have changed in the century since the book was written. This has led to some rather awkward sentences.

I don't think that there are any copyright problems, but if you think there are, please let me know.

In any event, as I said, if you would like to read it, please send me a pm.

Dannie
Deadbee

Re: Battle of Helsingborg

Post by Deadbee » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Dannie,

I sent you a PM for a copy of the article with my home email but never received it.
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:48 am

Deadbee wrote:Dannie,

I sent you a PM for a copy of the article with my home email but never received it.

Sorry, I got it but forgot to send it to you. Will do so tomorrow.
Charlie Dozen
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Charlie Dozen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi Dannie,
I'm currently building armies for the Scanian War in 1/72nd scale and would be interested in receiving from you the translated chapter on the battle of Helsingborg. Thanks in advance.