Donnybrook DAAAAAAARRRRKKKK!!!

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
Renooij
Sergeant
Sergeant

Donnybrook DAAAAAAARRRRKKKK!!!

Post by Renooij » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Yess, some good old Donnybrook in the League of Augsburg mails. Could you please bring out Donnybrook Dark soon, you'll promised us each year at Crisis that it's almost done ...
Attachments
Donnybrook.jpg
Donnybrook.jpg (166.59 KiB) Viewed 8996 times
quindia
General
General

Re: Donnybrook DAAAAAAARRRRKKKK!!!

Post by quindia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:27 am

Heh.. currently we are working on finishing BLB3, The War of Three Kings.

However, Barry and I are both currently working on forces for Donnybrook Dark. The rules are essentially finished for me, but deploying things for the masses means trying to make sure there is a semblance of balance beyond the 'mortal' elements of the game and that takes time. I'll probably be looking for playtesters soon, but until I finish WTK, all other publishing projects are in waiting.

You can actually get a start now, though... build a cultist force and ignore the bit about the creatures being the product of superstition! In addition, part of Donnybrook Dark is about the presentation. Instead of smartly uniformed troops, paint models in campaign attire, mix headgear, add weathering, etc. Start collecting terrain - a ruined hovel, twisted trees, lonely grave stones...

I have a feeling when this projects launches in earnest it will see completion in record time. In the mean time, you can see some of Barry's efforts on the blog and I will have articles soon...
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Here you go, sir...

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Renooij
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Renooij » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Thanks for the reply. We have been twisting the rules since we began when Donnybrook came out. When you are looking for playtesters outside the UK. We'll be sitting ducks in Hollsnd ;-)