Raid at Garvaldski

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Raid at Garvaldski

Post by obriendavid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Gents, here is a link to my latest Donnybrook game this time Russians v Cossacks.
Apologies to those of you who don’t have Facebook as you won’t be able to see the report.
Once my mate Tim puts up a report on his blog I’l Post a link here.

https://www.facebook.com/10000089655023 ... 378213294/

Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Raid at Garvaldski

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:52 pm

As promised here is the link to Tim’s blog with a game report and lots more pics.

http://moth107.blogspot.com/2018/06/doe ... woods.html

Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:10 pm

I’ve been PM’d by a few people asking about my special rules for the Cossacks so rather than reply individually I thought it would be better posted here so everyone can read them. Remember these are just my own ideas so feel free to make up your own.

Cossacks cannot form up in close order except for pikemen.

Cossacks go down a dice level in frontal combat against troops in good order, they use their normal dice in all other circumstances.

Cossack cavalry do not get a minus for shooting while mounted.

Cossack cavalry can try and evade when they are about to be charged. The opposition must halt 3” away then the Cossacks take an evade test using their normal dice needing a 6+ to pass. If they pass they roll their dice again and that is how far they can evade ending up in good order facing the enemy. If they end up more than 6” from the enemy then they can’t charge. The unit can evade even if it has already gone that turn but can only evade once per move.

The mounted Great Warrior d10, gets all the usual benefits of Cossack cavalry and is also an expert horseman so gets no penalty for crossing obstacles, unless there is something that has been classed as impassible. He is armed with a lance, mace, long sword and brace of pistols.

Doris the bear counts as a fearsome creature and anyone being charged or wishing to charge her have to pass a morale test. She fights as a pack of dogs with d3 attacks using a d10 for hits. I class her as a mounted figure due to her size and she gets a +1 in combat for sharp teeth and claws.
Boris, Doris’ handler only uses a d8 for all situations.

Boris and Doris are a character choice and obviously won’t appear in every game once I get more characters painted up.
Doris sounds very tough but in both our games she only killed about 4 figures although two units did run off in panic but she was also killed off quite easily.
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:28 pm

Great looking game Dave. One of the enjoyable aspects of Donnybrook is that it is so easy to tailor, giving units or characters a unique feel. Who are the plywood buildings by?
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 pm

The buildings are part of Colin’s collection so I'm not sure who they are buy.
Dave