Italy, 179...

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:08 am

..come to think of it - you don't necessarily need a lot of figures to represent your Austrian cavalry as they tended to break them down into two squadron tactical units to support the infantry.
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
Sheepman
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Sheepman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:00 pm

That's what I will be doing John, and even two squadrons of Austrians should be sufficient to see off the Rev French cav (one Rgt of chasseurs, one of Hussars and two Dragoons) which during 92 - 94 tended to bugger off at the slightest twitch of an enemy cavalry's tail.
I understand that the exchange rate is crazy at the moment so you guys will just have to shift production to the UK, think of all the advantages:
The weather, the workforce, the cheep education for our kids, how this country is going to be forging forward to a brighter future in the next few years. :(
I think I'll move to Oz. :lol:
Dave.
Last edited by Sheepman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I always wear me wellies'.
Juan Mancheño
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Juan Mancheño » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:29 pm

That austrian cavalry is perfect for me!!!! I can not buy a lot of figures, but I am thinking about squadron size units, for the moment, about eight models, so I´m preparing my next order to Eureka: some more cossacks and the first austrian cavalry.

The project is running!!!
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:42 am

Just a quick 'heads up' for those interested in 1799 and the Russians in particular - the Eureka Russian infantry (more than 50 codes) were released today -

http://www.eurekamin.com.au/

and if you go to the "Ideas" section of the website you can download our nine page "Quick Guide" PDF to the Russian infantry - full of all sorts of useful (and perhaps not so useful :D ) organisational and painting information. There's a full listing of the uniform details for all the Russian line regiments that served under Suvarov. Or just click here to take you straight there -

http://eurekamin.com.au/ideas.php?postid=70

Yours
John Chadderton
Eureka Miniatures
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:37 am

That's a superb range of figures packed full of character and movement plus the Pdf's are a great resource for wargamers, many thanks for all your hard work. Fortunately for my wallet I still have a mountain of 1812 Russians to wade through before I could start another project but your Revolutionary range is Soooooo tempting.
Cheers
Dave
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:20 pm

John,

I'm the one who did a favour for a mutual friend and received some of your miniatures, Napoleon at the bridge of Arcole to be precise. The bloody awful thing about it is that they are so good, I will probably end up ordering some more.

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.