Norwegian regimental flags

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
Charlie Dozen
Corporal
Corporal

Norwegian regimental flags

Post by Charlie Dozen » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:00 pm

I'm looking for information regarding Napoleonic Norwegian regimental flags, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Leondegrande
Private
Private

Re: Norwegian regimental flags

Post by Leondegrande » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:32 pm

Charlie Dozen
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Norwegian regimental flags

Post by Charlie Dozen » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:18 pm

Thank you for those links, the last link has pictures of a few regimental flags. If anyone else has additional information or pictures I would appreciate it. I'm building small skirmish units using Song of Drum and Shakos rules - unit size 6 to 13 figures. For figures I've decided to use the Russian company Tehnolog, their 54mm French and Russian grenadier figures. I'm modifying the figures that I'm using for the Swedes by cutting off the French shako and scratch building the distinctive Swedish hat with upturned brim on the left side. The Swedes also wore the French and Russian type shakos. For my Norwegians I'm basically using the French figures unmodified except for the two grenadier figures, which I add the bearskin head gear.
Also using Tehnolog's artillery piece. For my few cavalry figures I'm using Airfix's 54mm Napoleonic mounted figures - modifying as needed.
Normally small units like this wouldn't be carrying the regimental flag but the rules includes officers, musicians and ensigns.