VICTRIX HAVE ARRIVED

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

VICTRIX HAVE ARRIVED

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Just received a box load of Victrix sprues today and I thought I'd do something a little different with them :idea:
Results soon... and it won't be line of Redcoats with shouldered muskets! :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:38 am

Ooooo... mine are in the mail!
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Mmmmmmmm :shock:
Looking at Perry plastics, and their comparison of a Perry metal figure alonside plastic the scale and style are inimicable.

Now my understanding is that Perry metal figures are larger for example than that Foundry. For a comparison, can anyone advise of the compatibility between Victrix Napoleonic plastics and Perry plastics :?:

Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:17 pm

I anticipate painting up a few units of each before deciding which ones will ultimately get the bulk of my business. The Perry models are beautiful and match their existing metal range perfectly, though there aren't as many options as I was expecting from plastic models (having been spoiled by GW). The Victrix models seem to have a little more character and they are planning on a full range of plastics including artillery (maybe the Perry's will expand their lines too if sales go well).

Anyway, both sets look great to me.

I'll post comparison pics when my Victrix get here if no one else has done so before then...
Last edited by quindia on Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:16 am

My Victrix models have arrived and I was pleasantly surprised by their size compared to my Perry models...

Both sets are well cast, with minimal flashing. There were a few miscast parts on one of my Victrix sprues - one musket sling has a gap and one bayonet was stunted, however it's not a big deal as I have counted 52 muskets on the sprues... more than enough since out of 52 models there are 4 officers, 4 color bearers (bodies are interchangeable with the officers), and 4 drummers which gives you a surplus of muskets!

Anyway, hats off to both companies for some great models! I am looking forward to future releases!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:36 am

I look forward with anticipation to seeing the fruits of your brushwork on the Brits!... double edged sword though... if you paint too many we'll fall behind with R2E, if you paint too few then there won't be enough to photograph and put IN R2E!! :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:06 am

Thank you Clarence, that looks pretty conclusive for me. :D
A nice match, and it gives me much more scope for future projects.

Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:01 pm

barr7430 wrote:I look forward with anticipation to seeing the fruits of your brushwork on the Brits!... double edged sword though... if you paint too many we'll fall behind with R2E, if you paint too few then there won't be enough to photograph and put IN R2E!! :wink:
Heh... my computer desk forms an "L" with my painting desk. I inevitably find myself working back and forth!
littlejohn

Post by littlejohn » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:48 pm

Thanks for those comparison shots Clarence, I just got a couple of boxes of the Perry Naps and was waiting on word about Victrix, so the pics make the decision to use both easy.