Cover for the New Book (UPDATE 07.04.09)

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:56 am

Shhhh - don't rush him. He's pondering the Revolutionary Wars section :wink:
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Well chaps, I am not sitting with my finger up my **** here is Turkey.. I have just finished 5,000 words on Malplaquet for WI and am now wading through further proof reading for R2E. Clarence... you are going to regret hurrying me along :wink:
Hopeit is worth waiting for folks we'll probably get a taste up on the site soon :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
DaveCrowell

Post by DaveCrowell » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:12 pm

I realize that is probably far too late for this to matter but...

I am well known for my reluctance to partake of anything even remotely Napoleonic...but this cover would certainly get me to pick up the book and give it a leaf through.

I don't need to know anything about the wars of that upstart Bonaparte to know that thislooks like a fun sort of thing to game.
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:00 am

Anything good, is worth waiting for.
Take your time and get it right.
You will know when it is right,
then,
publish and be damned.

Like most people with an interest, the publication is eagerly awaited, but don't rush it

Thinredline :D
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:59 am

Guys,

once again a big thanks you for the encouragement... we are but two busy little chaps trying to complete a project that got bigger than either of us imagined. We ARE very proud of how it looks so far though 8)

The last little bits should head off any requests for supplements dealing with bits of the War not covered in the main text... that what is taking the time. It has added roughly 20-26 pages in to the content maybe more depending on how creative Mr Harrison decides to get with his layouts.. :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:37 pm

barr7430 wrote: The last little bits should head off any requests for supplements dealing with bits of the War not covered in the main text... that what is taking the time.
You should be careful what you're saying Barry or some smarty pants will be asking if the French landings in Ireland are covered in the rules :lol: :twisted:

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:09 pm

I think it is fair to say that we are all looking forward to seeing the final pubished version. And I'm sure there will be some one out there who will find an obscure part of the Napoleonic wars that aren't covered.
What about napoleonic naval and the Royal Marines or the Ottoman Empire !!!

Well done Barry and Clarence for sticking with it and focusing on the quality end of the wargames market. It will all be worth it in the end.

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"