RtE Update?

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
Yermolov
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

RtE Update?

Post by Yermolov » Sat May 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Time passes, and I continue to collect 28mm Napoleonics, paint, books, etc. All I need now is the perfect set of rules... oh, and to actually paint the lead & plastic I've got.

So, it's time for the recurring whine: Any update on the status of RtE? Enquiring minds want to know. :D
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun May 17, 2009 9:00 am

Yermolov,
a timely enquiry!

I have been meaning to do this for a while but actually the choice has often been...
Do I write an update OR
Do I carry on working on getting R2E finished!!!

So here is the status:

1. All of the main sections are written except
- A couple of example scenarios
- An Army Builder section giving Force guidelines

2. Clarence has formatted about 60% of the sections and they are look ing fantastic. Some of the 'place' photographs are being swapped out as we see how things are shaping up.

3. The cover art is done as are most of Clarence's internal pencil drawings. There are many more than in BLB.

4. Play testing has gone well and one or two small modifications need to be made to a couple of sectons but nothing major

5. Potential Advertisers will be contacted within the next couple of weeks.

6. Printing will I hope happen in July for an early August release.

I think that probably covers where we are up to. As in the past when I was getting BLB on the road it always takes longer than you think!

The book itself will probably run to 100 - 110 pages although a final page count still needs to be done. The rules themselves are straightforward and have a very strong period emphasis particularly regarding Orders, Command, Formations, Movement.
They are definitely not in the tradition of recent Horse and Musket rules which cover large periods of time. They focus only on the period 1792 -1815 with the emphasis definitely on field engagements during the 1806-1815 time span. It is full colour throughout, there will be at least 100 photographs most of them never seen before on my site, or Clarence's or any magazines.

Hope this is enough to be going on with! :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Yermolov
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Yermolov » Sun May 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for the reply Barry. I was sure work was being done on the rules... just wasn't sure how far along rules development was and if you had an anticipated release timeframe or not.

I've already made the decision to start building 28mm Napoleonics at 1:20. Now I'm just looking at rules. I already own copies of General de Brigade and ITGM, and neither of them look to be the perfect set for what I want to do. I also picked up the recent "Rank & File" set from Crusader, and while they look interesting for a fast-play set, I don't think they would satisfy me over the long haul.

The teasers you've released about RtE look very good so far. I have plenty to do until they come out... just wanted to see where things are at right now.

Thanks for your detailed reply,

Bart
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Wed May 20, 2009 2:08 am

The cover isn't quite done... but it's getting close!