Perry Plastic french Dragoons

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Perry Plastic french Dragoons

Post by j1mwallace » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Look very nice. Out either today or in the next couple of days.
Excellent value again.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:53 pm

I have two boxes on pre-order...
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 am

...and what are you going to do with them?
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:10 pm

If I get the time, a couple of squadrons will appear in support of my French army at Historicon. Sticking with the 'Combat on the Coa' theme of my French collection, my ultimate goal is to model Gardanne's Brigade - 2 regiments of the 15th and 20th Dragoons. I'll start off with two squadrons each because my games tend to be small affairs, no more that a couple of brigades per side. I think a 24-model cavalry unit would be akin to dropping a Panzer on the board in such games.

When the Perry Hussars come out, I'll be adding the the 3rd Hussars... now if only someone will make Chasseurs (I'm sure someone will or I can always go the metal route), I can add the 15th and finish Lamotte's brigade.

Two more battalions of Leger and twelve battalions of Ligne and I can field the whole freakin VI corps... whoops, megalomania seeping in. Again, this isn't practical for my normal games or my storage cabinets - need space for more British, Spanish, a brigade of Portuguese, and... sigh, you get the idea) and I will probably settle for another small brigade of three or four units and consider my French army finished.
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Sounds excellent Clarence. I am looking forward to seeing the results.

Surely someone will do plastic Chasseurs? I often think the poor old French Chasseurs à Cheval get a bit neglected behind their more glamorous, but less numerous - pelisse wearing/helmet sporting/lance touting - cousins. Failing that the Perry's metal ones are very nice indeed.

At Eureka we've been asked (and we have obliged) to re-head our forthcoming French Revolutionary Wars Chasseurs à Cheval with later shakos (just the body versions wearing the habit-long service coat). This – we are told – makes them perfect for 1805-06 before the shorter tailed coat comes in, and thus covers part of their uniform history not often addressed by miniatures makers (most do just the later short tailed coat). However, I’m sorry to say, still too early for your purposes Clarence.

Incidentally – if anyone is interested in the above blatant plug (or so it now appears as I read it back :) ), don’t go rushing off to the Eureka website, because they won’t be released until much later this year – the Revolutionary Wars versions will come first. However, if you are keen, an email to Nic Robson through the Eureka website might result in some fruitful pre-release ‘negotiations’!
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/