Two of my favourite sayings...

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Two of my favourite sayings...

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:54 am

... are:
  • No plan survives first contact with the enemy!

Man is his own worst enemy!
Turns out they really hold true. :roll:

As some might have noticed... I was planning to play with a men to figure ration of 1:30. Only thing is... between X-Mas and New Years I found that I had painted all units so far (with the exception 12th Cuirassiers) at a ratio of 1:20.
Now I have spend a month comtemplating what to do. Always removing a few stands from the Btln.s to see what they would look like at 1:30 and I hated it! :(

So I will go for 1:20 after all. biggest shame is... I just recieved a 400 Euro order from Calpe in late December that will now need to be followed-up soon.

Cheers,

Burkhard
Last edited by 14th Brooklyn on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Re: Two of my favourite sayings...

Post by Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:45 am

14th Brooklyn wrote:... are:

So I will go for 1:20 after all. biggest shame is... I just recieved a 400 Euro order from Calpe in late December that will now need to be followed-up soon.

Cheers,

Burkhard
Hi Burkhard,

Thats what I call "Bad Luck" :?

(und auf gut deutsch: Oft im Leben geht was daneben... Kopf hoch!) :wink:

Cheers / Grüsse

Günter
PS.: Das kommt davon wenn sich ein Deutscher und ein Österreicher über ein schottisches Forum auf Englisch unterhalten müssen :lol:
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:48 am

Na es gibt halt Tage da verliert man und es gibt Tage da gewinnen die Anderen! :shock:

Cheers,

Burkhard
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:23 pm

14th Brooklyn wrote:Na es gibt halt Tage da verliert man und es gibt Tage da gewinnen die Anderen! :shock:

Cheers,

Burkhard
With respect to the others here I write the following in english, their (common) language.

I was one of those who made up all his Napoleonic Armies 1:30 because of an ancient Ruleset :cry: Old Minifigs Franco/Westphaliens, who fought against "Brits, Brunswicker, Belgiums and God knows who else..."

After a 10-Year break I stumbled back into my once favourite hobby only to find, that instead of the death of the 25mm figures and a goodlike position of the 15mm, it has went completly viceversa :shock:

Of course, I had to rethink the whole thing. After a time I found finaly the LoA and now all is worked out for 1:20 for Napoleonic and even ACW, SYW and so on.
Nothing looks better, nothing feels better(sounds strange...)

So, welcome to the 1:20 RtE Players
Besides, look at your first Calpes as battlehardened Veterans, who are waiting for reinforcements :lol:

Cheers

Günter
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:50 pm

MarechalNey wrote:[...]Of course, I had to rethink the whole thing. After a time I found finaly the LoA and now all is worked out for 1:20 for Napoleonic and even ACW, SYW and so on.
Nothing looks better, nothing feels better(sounds strange...)
I know. We play ACW with a ruleset that requires 1:30 scale for 25mm games and some of those Regiments that had seen lots of losses look bleeping stupid at 4 or 5 minis!
So, welcome to the 1:20 RtE Players
Besides, look at your first Calpes as battlehardened Veterans, who are waiting for reinforcements :lol:

Cheers

Günter
The biggest downside with the Prussians is, that I bought them to represent Yorck´s Troops at Leipzig, which means lots of unit specific uniforms and except for the Landwehr I have no stocks at home. So I have to re-order, otherwise it would be a dozen half finished units. :?

Cheers,

Burkhard
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Quit making me run your German comments through a translator! :)
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 am

You can always get started and say they represent Yorck's corps after Leipzig!
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:54 pm

18th Century Guy wrote:Quit making me run your German comments through a translator! :)
Ah... is there any better way to earn the language of the Prussians! :D Just have to wonder how much funnier those comments were when put through an online translator!
Rob Herrick wrote:You can always get started and say they represent Yorck's corps after Leipzig!
LOL!!!

Cheers,

Burkhard
mark montbrun

Post by mark montbrun » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Use carnage and glory computer rules, then you can put your units in what ever size you want on the table and have them the real size in the fight.
`space I can recover, Time never!`
`In war men are nothing, one man is everything`
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:15 pm

For me the two statments would be best summed up in German as the following:

No plan survives first contact with the enemy!

Scheisse!

Man is his own worst enemy!

Mensch!

:)
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:24 pm

LOL!