Imperial Glory PC

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
quindia
General
General

Imperial Glory PC

Post by quindia » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:35 pm

Anyone else addicted to this game? I am not a fan of RTS games - directing all those peasants around gets in the way of fighting battles and makes me feel more like a quartermaster than a general.

Imperial Glory has a "campaign game" that is similar to many other RTS games (althought the AI sems better). The part of the game I am addicted to is the "quick game". You can choose from dozens of different battlefields, pick one of five nations (France, Britan, Prussia, Austria, or Russia), and choose to be the attacker or defender. You can choose the size of the battle by customizing the army lists and can field up to two dozen units or so per side. There are also five "historical games" featuring battles like Salamanca and Waterloo.

There are some things that bug me about the game (riflemen in red coats), but it has great graphics overall and has been a fun diversion. I don't seem to have the hang of it yet because even if I win I end up with three or four units left...

There is a free demo available for download that lets you fight two small battles (google Imperial Glory OC Demo).

Well worth the price for what seems like endless hours of game play...
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

Imperial Glory

Post by PaulMc » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:49 am

Hi quindia,

I've played the demo, and I have to say I wasn't impressed with it. There are a lot better strategy games for the PC out there I reckon. The Battleground series or Sid Meier's ACW games, or the earlier Total War games before SEGA took them over.

PaulMc
"We shall attack across the minefield, under cover of daylight!"
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:52 pm

I didn't really like the campaign part of the game, but the one-off battles were fun...
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:32 am

I'll try the download!

I find myself playing computer wargames more than I'd like but for some strange reason at the end always feel that I could have used that time to paint a figure... kind of strange. I seem to be enjoying them when I'm playing!!!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford