Swedish Infantry in Defence

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
conflans
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Swedish Infantry in Defence

Post by conflans » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Hello Barry;

I really like the photo of your Swedish Infantry in defence. Who makes the figures?

Thanks,

Bob
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:19 pm

I wondered if anyone would ask this question! :wink:

About 4 years ago at Partizan, Rob Baker gave a box of castings to David Imrie and I. He told us they were FOUNDRY pre releases of new Russian SYW infantry that he had designed. We immediately thought they looked like GNW Swedes but neither of us painted any at the time and the boxes were put away. As I have embarked on an ambitious painting programme for BLB2 I thought I would do some of these and see how they turned out.

I have enough for about 4 battalions. I have no idea whether they ever made it to production and so these figures may be totally unique!

Glad you like then. More photos soon and more in BLB2

All the best

B
Last edited by barr7430 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:19 pm

I wondered if anyone would ask this question! :wink:

About 4 years ago at Partizan, Rob Baker gave a box of castings to David Imrie and I. He told us they were FOUNDRY pre releases of new Russian SYW infantry that he had designed. We immediately thought they looked like GNW Swedes but neither of us painted any at the time and the boxes were put away. As I have embarked on an ambitious painting programme for BLB2 I tohught I would do some of these and see how they turned out.

I have enough foe about 4 battalions. I have no idea whether they ever made it to production and so these figures may be totally unique!

Glad you like then. More photos soon and more in BLB2

All the best

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford