Blenheim OOB

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
kippax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Blenheim OOB

Post by kippax » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:53 am

Ray
Again these figures are fantastic paul has done a great job on them,i bet your proud as punch to own them.
And i hope they serve you well on the battlefield may the dice roll kind for your fellows in red
"Stupid Boy"
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:00 am

Ray,
Absolutely beautiful figures, the flags just add that touch more to make me even more jealous.
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:16 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jezamonos
Captain
Captain

Post by jezamonos » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 am

Super stuff that. I painted up my first English guy over the weekend and it is nowhere near the quslity on those. Talented buggers Bob and Paul.
Owner - Default Models
http://defaultmodels.blogspot.com/
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by BP » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Fantastic painting for all those.

Ohh to be talented :)

Bill
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Very useful Ray, can you also please supply all the uniform and flag details please. :lol:
Cheers
Dave
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:58 pm

obriendavid wrote:Very useful Ray, can you also please supply all the uniform and flag details please. :lol:
Cheers
Dave
While you're at it, have all the figs painted to your excellent standard and sent to us by post. We'll chip in and do some basing . . .
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Dear All,

I have been instructed in unequivocal terms by Iain Stanford that he wishes ALL extracts of his work which have been copied in whole or in part to be immediately removed from this thread and anywhere else that they appear on this Board. He is extemely unhappy about the lifting of his work without permission. He has cited breach of copyright and although not threatening any legal action wants all trace to be removed. I would therefore ask you individually to check your posts on this and other threads to ensure you have left no trace of Mr Stanford's output anywhere on the FIGHTING TALK FORUM. You may edit the post or delete it fully. I will not take responsibility for any data left in place. My other alternative is to delete entire threads completely, somewhat draconian I admit but perhaps necessary. To ensure the Boards are clean I would ask that any reference to Iain Stanford anywhere on the Boards be removed forthwith by the author. This process may take some time as the forum is somewhat large and complex.
Ray, several of your posts have already been deleted by me as they were particularly irksome to Mr Stanford. This may be a matter that you would wish to take up with him personally. I am dismayed that even a mention of copyright breach has occured in connection with FT. I do not wish to be involved with the matter or Mr Stanford in any way going forward as the hassle (however innocently created) of this particular issue is something I can do without.

It is regretable that such an informed thread which has produced extremely stimulating debate and many leaps forward in collective understanding should reach such a point and I would ask you to draw your own inferences from the matter.

So please, from today on avoid reference to Mr Stanford and his work on this board or the post will be deleted by me as a matter of protocol and without exception

Thanks and best

Barry
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:45 pm

I fully appreciate that Ray and I made that point quite clearly in some communication with him. I felt that you had promoted in a very positive way his research, credibility and publications. If someone did that for me I would be nothing but grateful.

I hope this thread will continue as there are many other researchers, historians, contributors, gamers, painters and enthusiasts who have made valueable contribution here. The period is not the monopoly of an individual and challenges to stated conclusions should always be met with reasoned and logical argument and not emotion.

I always was somewhat irked by quotes from Daniel Defoe as the solo English 'day' at Blenheim did I think include the odd Scot.. interesting historical inaccuracy that :wink: But then again we were put on this earth to serve a higher power :lol: or so all my English friends told me...

Henry Ford
footslogger
Major
Major

Post by footslogger » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:23 pm

I'd like to understand this a little better:

"So please, from today on avoid reference to Mr Stanford and his work on this board or the post will be deleted by me as a matter of protocol and without exception"

Iain was upset that someone copied stuff from his book (which is under copyright) and put it online here, and now are you saying you don't want anyone to mention work that Iain has done? That sounds different than "stop publishing Iain's copyrighted work using my bb." But I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:07 pm

I have run this Forum for over 7 years without any real hassle or having to ban, stifle, delete or edit anyone. Any small blips have righted themselves without my intervention.
I will not go into any further detail on private corespondence between myself and members/ex members of the forum. I don't have time for online disputes. The easiest way to eliminate ambiguity or misinterpretation is to avoid issues of contention.
Forum users cannot be unaware that disagreements on points of historical reference existed on various threads relating to Iain Stanford. I was not a part of that contention but have had to deal with the aftermath.
That is the reason for suggesting the avoidance of his work. I do not want to be drawn in to this any further. Footslogger if you want to correspond with me privately on the subject, happy to do so but I won't debate or clarify further on this thread

cheers

Henry Ford
footslogger
Major
Major

Post by footslogger » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:34 pm

I appreciate your not wanting to go into it any further in public. I'm not that interested in getting any more details. I've been around here a few years though not as long as you and I've seen some of those debates. They seem to have been fine to me but maybe there are things I'm not aware of.

Just as an observer on this thread, I'd like to state how it seems to me.

Ray went off and published someone's copyrighted work. You've done your part to see that it's removed. That seems like the responsible thing to do. And I appreciate your efforts not to banish or stifle, as it seems like revmoving the post is enough.

But it seems like you're directing a lot of anger towards Iain and I can't quite figure that out, which is why I asked for clarification. As an observer on this thread, that seems misplaced.

However you want to handle it, is fine (it's your bulletin board after all), and I can live with that.
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 pm

My tuppence worth but, footslogger you have this entirely the wrong way round. As Barry says it is probably better to PM him privately