Dixon Figures

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Darkman
Major
Major

Dixon Figures

Post by Darkman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi does anyone know if there is a gallery of the Grand Alliance figures that Dixon makes. I am interested in their Army deal as a starter and have been told that I can have what ever make up of the infantry I like. Problem is I do not know what the figures look like.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:14 pm

I don't think he has a gallery... although he should!

He used to print a catalogue sheet with sketches of each figure on it... does he still do them?
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Darkman
Major
Major

Post by Darkman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:59 am

Not to my knowledge. Spirit games do some of the little pictures but only for the League of Augsburg range.

Are most of the figures in the gallery section Dixon?

I think that I will get a variety of figures especially Matchlock and Flintlock to mix together. Do the three ranges Grand Alliance, League of Augsburg and Army of Louis XIV all fit in with each other? Or is the League noticeably different.

Plus in the cavalry range is there enough variety in the figure codes?

Thanks
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Yes my figures are a mixture of GA and and Louis XIV range - they are fully compatible AND interchangeable.

PLenty of variety... go ahead an buy them!! :wink:

Easy and great to paint
Designed by M.Copplestone
Quirky looking yet beautiful in a unit

Henry Ford
Jack
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Thanks from me as well.
It is a real shame that Trev does not have pics of all his ranges, I'm sure that puts people of buying his wares.

I "found" a few Foundry minis that I got years ago. I had finished 30 and started another 30 for the War of Jenkin's Ear after visiting Fort King George a few years ago. Along with 21 cavalry that I was going to flog at Claymore.
12 inf and 15 cav should be enough to complete an infantry brigade and 1 or 2 cavalry brigades. The main question is can I stop at only this small force.
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

Post by PaulMc » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:47 pm

He does still print the catalogue sheet with the drawings, as far as I know. I bought a copy at Claymore a couple of years back. I agree that he should have a proper gallery.

C'mon Trev it's the 21'st century! :wink:
"We shall attack across the minefield, under cover of daylight!"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:56 pm

Selling his catalogue sheets... now that DOES sound like him

Henry Ford
Darkman
Major
Major

Post by Darkman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi all. recieved my order from Dixons today. As the weather is looking none to good for the weekend I will try and get the basic figures photographed and put in photobucket with a link so that people can see what they look like.

Just one question for people who already have his figures. Do the cavalry have the variety the infantry have? I bought 4 squadrons of cavalry with lobster pots for my Austrians and they are all the same figure. Also are the horses the same as well?

Love the foot, so will try and paint a unit this weekend (that is if I can get my WW1 french finished)
Jack
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:05 am

Darkman wrote:Just one question for people who already have his figures. Do the cavalry have the variety the infantry have? I bought 4 squadrons of cavalry with lobster pots for my Austrians and they are all the same figure. Also are the horses the same as well?
Not sure about the Lobster ones but all the cav I got are the same basic pose with slight head variants. The horses are all the same though.

Jack
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:37 pm

I only have 2 of the "lobsters" (so maybe not a statistically valid group!) but they are identical, as are all the horses that I have.

http://www.adamhayes.co.uk/WargWarLOA03 ... orse02.jpg

The trooper on the left and second from the right are Dixon's. Nice characterful figures.