Bavarian Maffei and Massei regiments

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
reiver rob
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by reiver rob » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi Giorgio
One of the flags refers to a French-German regiment, but together they aren't any use because the other one is Bavarian.

They've been withdrawn now.
Rob
Giorgio
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Giorgio » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Thank you Rob. Do you know which is the name of the regiment? Thanks in advance and best regards
Giorgio
reiver rob
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by reiver rob » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi Giorgio,
Dan tracked down the flag to Furstemberg which later became Greder Allamand (both in French service) and was carried in 1703/4.

I hope that helps.
Rob
Giorgio
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Giorgio » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:52 am

Helps a lot !!! Thank you (Dan too, of course!!!). By the way, I take the opportunity for a different question: your fortifications are very beautifull (also after my paints..) and I have enjoyed them in different scenarios. Are you planning any expansion? Are you going to produce also houses for villages?
This site is absolutely very usefull and thank you again to all of you
Giorgio
reiver rob
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by reiver rob » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:28 pm

Yes, there are plans for additions to the field fortifications and a new seige trench system. Once the new figures have been released at Derby I can concentrate on them.

As for houses I'm not sure yet. Games of War do the resin casting of our fortifications and they have been doing some nice 'flat pack' buildings but I've suggested they do them whole in resin as they are really nice. Hopefully they will. They already do some nice 28mm walls and ships and I'm trying to talk them into doing some Continental buildings for Europe. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Rob