WSS Reborn The Glorious Revolution edition

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

WSS Reborn The Glorious Revolution edition

Post by barr7430 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:06 pm

I am very happy to have contributed to the rebirth edition of WSS now under new ownership and edited by the genial and proactive Guy Bowers.

I penned quite a long piece on the Glorious Revolution as a wargames period which alas had to be edited a little because of space constraints. I will eventually upload the unedited text version to the WARCHEST when the sales cycle for the mag edition has passed. Nice splash of WARFARE Miniatures throughout the mag too.

Only thing I was a little disappointed in were the low quality of the two shots accompanying Rick Priestley's piece... hmm I thought those models and that game look quite nice... and quite familiar... It was an R2E Waterloo game from SALUTE last year and my unit of Scots Greys!... I think I could have provided slightly better images :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Just finished reading the mag, I was quite impressed as a whole and the articles on the Glorious Revolution were well... Glorious!!
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:27 pm

May be they felt the painting standard was not quite up to it so blurred the pic to save you embarresment :twisted:

But yes, it's brilliant to see WSS back, I do miss it since the creation of the FOW magazine :wink:

If I hadn't just been made redundant last Friday I certainly would have subscribed to it, I'll just have to wait till it appears in WH Smith which I understand from a post on TMP will be happening probably at the end of April.

Cheers

Stuart
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:44 pm

right on the money Stuart. The painting was extremely ropey. Dunked 'em.... like donuts! 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford