Triples

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
conflans
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Triples

Post by conflans » Sat May 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Is anyone going to Triples this year? I'm from Houston but will be in London over the weekend. If people from the Forum are going, I'll make the trip to Sheffield; otherwise, I'll stay in London and do touristy things.

Thanks.
kippax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by kippax » Sat May 07, 2011 12:42 pm

im making the short trip over the pennines to sheffield not sure which day though ...
"Stupid Boy"
Eugenio von Savoy
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Eugenio von Savoy » Sun May 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Conflans,

I will be there along with the 'Like a stone wall' wargames group. No WSS/NYW though. We are demonstrating Antietam from the ACW.

This is a game we have had on hold since 911 and was due to be show at the Worlds that year. The events of a month earlier had us a rethink and we rapidly threw together Mons Baden for the show instead.

The delay created a few problems for us. None worse than having to replace some terrain boards made specifically for the game, namely one including Burnsides Bridge and three making up the Sunken Road.
Nick the Mole in our group has built some excellent new structures including the Dunker and Sharpsburg churches.

I really feel that the wait will be worth it.

Hope to see you and any other Forum members there for a pint and a chin wag.

Closer to this Forum we had the first re-fight of Chiari 1701 - it needs a little more work and it could make it on to our show list next year.

I have just completed my first two Spanish Imperialist Cavalry units and two foot units. I am currently working on the cloth flags for the horse and hope to then upload into this site.

Regards
Tim

'Like a stone wall'
Wargames Group
Nottinghamshire
UK
http://www.freewebs.com/like-a-stone-wall/
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
Sir Winston Churchill,
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Sat May 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Just taken this from the Grimsby clubs website:-

"Grimsby Wargames Society will be at the following show Triples putting on a display game of the Spanish Succession war,the table top game begins 10am Saturday the 21st May and ending the 22nd May at 4pm Sunday. The Battle of Oudenaarde (or Oudenarde) was a key battle in the War of the Spanish Succession fought on 11 July 1708 between the forces of Great Britain, the Dutch Republic and the Holy Roman Empire on the one side and the French on the other. It took place at Oudenaarde."

I understand that the game will be in 28mm scale, so that's 2 reasons now to go to Sheffield!

Link to their site; http://grimsbywargamessociety.webs.com/

Hope that helps.
kippax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by kippax » Sun May 15, 2011 9:17 am

parkinspieces wrote:Just taken this from the Grimsby clubs website:-

"Grimsby Wargames Society will be at the following show Triples putting on a display game of the Spanish Succession war,the table top game begins 10am Saturday the 21st May and ending the 22nd May at 4pm Sunday. The Battle of Oudenaarde (or Oudenarde) was a key battle in the War of the Spanish Succession fought on 11 July 1708 between the forces of Great Britain, the Dutch Republic and the Holy Roman Empire on the one side and the French on the other. It took place at Oudenaarde."

I understand that the game will be in 28mm scale, so that's 2 reasons now to go to Sheffield!

Link to their site; http://grimsbywargamessociety.webs.com/

Hope that helps.
Oh yes.... :D
"Stupid Boy"
Frantic
Private
Private

Post by Frantic » Sun May 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Nice demo it was too :D

Very helpful bunch too
conflans
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Triples

Post by conflans » Mon May 30, 2011 5:33 pm

Gentlemen;

Thank you for all the replies and I regret missing Triples. Unfortunately, health issues kept me confined to the hotel room when I wasn't actually working. I look forward to getting out to a show the next time I'm over.

Thanks again.
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Re: Triples

Post by parkinspieces » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Some pics of the Grimsby game can be found on here 8)

http://grimsbywargaming.blogspot.com/20 ... -game.html