Follow-up to Question About Irish Regiments

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Yermolov
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Follow-up to Question About Irish Regiments

Post by Yermolov » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Sir William wrote:Bart,

The fact that you "tagged onto" my request for Jim to send me a copy, however innocent, opened the discussion to others wishing copies, and by definition, altered the original premise to "distribution of multiple copies". My opinion only, but one I'm going to stand by. No fault or disrespect intended, just my opinion and principle.

Regards,

Bill
Hi Bill,

With equal amounts of respect, what you are essentially arguing is that someone sending a copyrighted file to you is acceptable, but them sending a file to you and someone else is not. I'm not a lawyer, but it's probably copyright infringement regardless of whether the file is shared with one person or many.

Regards.

Bart
Sir William
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Sir William » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Bart;

You are most likely correct, which is why I said earlier that I was "rationalizing" and dropped my request for a copy. I appear to be missing four issues and have already initiated a post on Bartertown to try and locate them. Thanks for the heads-up on Caliver, but they only have the one issue that I need and I think I can beat the price here in the US, and definitely save on shipping. I got lucky a couple years ago and found a gentleman who had most of the series, $1 a copy and very low shipping. Don't know that I'll get that lucky again, but it's worth a try. 8)

Regards,

Bill
Sir William the Aged
www.warsoflouisxiv.blogspot.com
Yermolov
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Yermolov » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Good luck in your searches. The Mark Allen articles are high quality. I just wish WI would sell individual back issue PDFs versus the bulk CDROMs they do (or did pre-Battlefront acquisition).

I think the long-term move will be for most printed media to move to digital formats. It makes sense both in terms of cost and ease of production and distribution. Some rules companies have already moved to mostly digital releases and have done well for themselves. I know I'd buy more stuff if I could both not have to find a place to store it and sneak it in past the wife. :-)

Best,

Bart
Rebel
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Rebel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:52 pm

Bill,

mea culpa - "King's" is Dongan/Nugent; "Queen's" is Carroll's.

So more digging to do on my part....

Apols,

Mike.