Royal Regt of Fusiliers

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Eugenio von Savoy
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Royal Regt of Fusiliers

Post by Eugenio von Savoy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi all,

Now the temporary camera crisis is over I thought I would take the opportunity to share a unit or two with you. The first is the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.

Within LASW group it is rare to find duplicate units and whilst Dave W managed to 'bag' this battalion first I love the uniform and flag design so much I just had to duplicate it during last summer - so now we have two battalions amongst us.

The flags are my own work and as usual on cloth. The figures are original Foundry miniatures with some conversions; its a pity the drummer is behind the standard bearer. The coat has been deliberately painted as washed out and in need of replacement. I decided that my English battalions and the Scottish Brigade should have a range of reds to reflect the variations in cloth and the bleaching effect of the weather whilst campaigning. The base colour is from the Foundry paint range.

More to follow hopefully.
Regards,

Tim
'Like a stone wall' Wargames Group
UK
http://www.freewebs.com/like-a-stone-wall/
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
Sir Winston Churchill,
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Re: Royal Regt of Fusiliers

Post by Redmist1122 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:09 am

Time,
Great Job!!! I like the head swaps. Too bad you didn't get a better shot of the drummer as mentioned. Does he have a head swap too?
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA