GNW figures from FrontRank

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
aydenrobert

GNW figures from FrontRank

Post by aydenrobert » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:34 am

Hi guys long time lurker who has finally decided to bite the bullet and get into the GNW, this will be my in period for next year. I will add my large Cossack, Polish, Muscovite (Streltsi for the Azov campaign) and Turkish Renaissance collection to really expand the field of battle. I know Foundry make great figures for the period but living in Australia their archaic postage and figure prices puts me clear off them. I thought about using the Front Rank SYW Swedes with lots of different command figures I have from the Foundry SYW Prussian range. I think the SYW infantry uniform could pass for the GNW with of course some head modifications (Karpus with green stuff), muskets replaced by pikes etc. What figures from the Front Rank War of Spainish Succession range would be good for Russian infantry, Cavalry and Swedish cavalry? I don't mind small changes with green stuff but major changes is beyond my skills at the moment. I am using the great horses from EBOB miniatures, which allows you to add reins etc. and then legally cast them yourself. My friend who makes the Elite Miniatures range here in Australia will cast the horses for me. Any feedback would be appreciated as I usually order the figures in one big buy. Has anyone used the GNW range from Reiver Castings and what are they like, the painted figures look ok if slightly less detailed than other ranges? Thanks in advance for any feeedback. Scott Robertson 8)
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:23 pm

The good news is that Front Rank are going to do the GNW period, the bad news is it may be in a years time but you should be able to use some of their WSS range in the mean time. The more gamers contact them about GNW the better as that will spure Front Rank into action.