Militia Early 1700's.

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
BobR
Corporal
Corporal

Militia Early 1700's.

Post by BobR » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 pm

I am working on a militia battalion that I want to use in our imaginations games. I have some Northstar (old Copplestone figures) with the 1680's style hats and uniforms. I would like to mix in some tricorne types to give the unit a more informal look along with slight uniform variations. Any suggestions on what manufacturer of the tricorne troops would match Northstar the best in size and style? Thanks - Bob R.
simon boulton
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Militia Early 1700's.

Post by simon boulton » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi Bob,
The North Star/Copplestone figures are quite big figures so I'd suggest that Front Rank figures would probaby mix the best. The North Star ones are designed for the 1670's so you could also look at the Front Rank late seventeenth range too,
Best wishes,
Simon
BobR
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Militia Early 1700's.

Post by BobR » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks Simon. I have Front Rank and I think they look good on the table in units of Front Rank only but I feel they are just a little to large to mix with Northstar that are as tall but more slender in proportion. I like the looks of both manufacturers equally though. I am looking for some figures that are militia looking (whatever that means) but with tricornes or at least differnt headwear than the Copplestone. Usually I am not this finicky. I think I need a pint. - Bob R.