Mark Allen articles from Wargames Illustrated

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Bitbag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mark Allen articles from Wargames Illustrated

Post by Bitbag » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:36 am

Hi all

Right, things are moving!! In the process of following up my query about flags in the 1690s for English regiments, I finally 'did it', and popped over to Wargames Illustrated in Nottingham, and picked up a copy of the Mark Allen articles CD from WI, that had been discussed on here and TMP a few months ago. The collection of PDF articles about the War of the Grand Alliance, about uniforms, flags, equipment etc, of the French, British and Dutch forces looks absolutely fantastic, and is going to be very inspirational. 8)

However, I just wondered if there's any errors or bits of new evidence that have been uncovered in the subsequent years since the articles were written, or can they still be treated as a good start for the period? :)

d'Humiere's regiment is the first up on the painting blocks, for my Neerwinden era forces - watch this space!!

Cheers, Andy
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Re: Mark Allen articles from Wargames Illustrated

Post by Clibinarium » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:33 pm

French cavalry is the big gap I think, though he does cover the Maison du Roi horse.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Re: Mark Allen articles from Wargames Illustrated

Post by turrabear » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 pm

there is no french cavarlry and the dutch information is a bit dated . you'd be better of with robert hall's cd on the dutch