Help with Osprey GNW Book

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Rohan Wilmott
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Help with Osprey GNW Book

Post by Rohan Wilmott » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:41 pm

Gentlemen,

Could I please direct you to Der Alte Fritz's posting in the Skane Wars section concerning assistance with getting votes on the Osprey website for a book on the GNW Swedish Army?

As this Index appeals to a wider audience than the GNW, I hope you will assist our mates who favour the GNW by voting on their behalf. I will certainly buy the book if it ever produced even though I have no current intention :roll: of collecting armies for this theatre.

Cheers, Rohan.

Vote soon & vote often!! :lol:
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Help with Osprey GNW Book

Post by yar68 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Here's a link to Osprey page, doesn't look like there's much hope??? The vote is on the bottom right.
I mean? The Opium Wars???? Why would you bother???

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/default.aspx
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:45 am

yar68 wrote:Here's a link to Osprey page, doesn't look like there's much hope??? The vote is on the bottom right.
I mean? The Opium Wars???? Why would you bother???

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/default.aspx
The Opium Wars is quite an interesting period and one that us Brits keep very quiet about, mainly as we were the drug dealers and forcing by military means our products on the Chinese. These days we are busy fighting wars to stop others trying to do the same to us. :twisted:
Cheers
Dave
janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:59 pm

Looks like it's ended. Despite our best efforts, the vote for the GNW dropped down to 6% I think by the end… :(
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:11 pm

janner wrote:Looks like it's ended. Despite our best efforts, the vote for the GNW dropped down to 6% I think by the end… :(
What do we have to draw from this outcome:

That those who supported the GNW are a minority mostly made of Saxons(of all kind), Swedes, Danes, (Would be)-Russians and Poles. And their vote didn't have the same weight as those Albion Lovers out there who invest the Waters of the Northern Sea :D :wink:

Amen to that!
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:51 pm

I think the Pacific came out on top. So I think even the industrious British were outmatched by colonial voters.

Besides, don't underestimate interest in the GNW in UK, after all we now have three new 28mm ranges by British firms.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:56 pm

janner wrote:I think the Pacific came out on top. So I think even the industrious British were outmatched by colonial voters.

Besides, don't underestimate interest in the GNW in UK, after all we now have three new 28mm ranges by British firms.
That's what I ment with Saxons "of all kind"! :D :wink:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.