Baccus WSS Uniform CD's

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
old smokie
Corporal
Corporal

Baccus WSS Uniform CD's

Post by old smokie » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:45 pm

Looking to buy some of the WSS Uniform CD's from the Baccus website and was wondering are they any good, also wondered what the quality of the illustrations of uniforms and flags was like on the CD's, good, bad etc

https://www.baccus6mm.com/includes/prod ... xt.inc.php

Received a copy of A Wargamers Introduction To The Age Of Marlborough (editions Brokaw) as a gift and the quality of it is appalling, the text is far too small and many parts of it are smudged, it looks like a bad photo copy, very disappointed with it as it was recommended to me
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Baccus WSS Uniform CD's

Post by Dfogleman2 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:04 pm

The Robert Hall CDs are excellent. The plates are clear and well done. The written materials typically give you the sources for each regiment's uniforms, etc. They also list the campaigns and battles for each regiment and usually the colonels. I would say that each CD is the best single source for its subject that can be found in English. If you are really serious about the WSS, they are a "must have."
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:05 pm

well worth getting your hands on. espsically the dutch army cd which came out last year . think i havethem all . the only one that i'm not that keen on is the armies of hessen kassel as i think that most of the flags shown in the cd post date the w.s.s but still well worth getting.
old smokie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by old smokie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 am

Mulciber
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Mulciber » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:10 pm

They're rather expensive but very good.
Be aware that older computers may have trouble reading the cds, though.
A shame they haven't been digitised, apparently there are no plans to which seems a little short-sighted.

Cheers,

Toby