Good Battle of the Boyne book on Amazon

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
arthur1905
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Good Battle of the Boyne book on Amazon

Post by arthur1905 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:49 pm

Folks,

Amazon currently have the following book for £3.82 with a limited number of copies available,

The battle of the Boyne: together with an account based on French and other unpublished records of the war in Ireland (1688-1691) and of the formation of the Irish brigade in the service of France.

Less than a penny a page :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/117775536X/r ... 871_TE_ite
Happy Reaging

Mark
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Re: Good Battle of the Boyne book on Amazon

Post by Clibinarium » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:20 am

When you see covers like that on Amazon, together with the book's age its likely that its a book without copyright restrictions that the seller has just printed out (or will print out on demand). So a bit of searching on the web will often turn up an online copy at project Gutenberg or similar. In this case;
https://archive.org/details/battleofboynetog00boul_0
arthur1905
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by arthur1905 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:48 pm

My fellow Clibinarium is correct, I guess its a question of preference for either physical books or digital copies.

For my part, I tend to fall into the former, But i have looked at the link supplied and you get a very clear and user friendly electronic copy.

My copy of the book arrived today, It is bound well for the price and is a facsimile of the original book, the text is clear, printed on good paper. the only issue I can see is the notation under a number of the picture plates is very faint and hard to read, but this does not detract from the book.

I guess its you pay your money(or not) and take your pick

Mark
Old John
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Old John » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:58 am

have just rec'd the book from Amazon, very pleased with it, good value, I too prefer books mostly due to my age :-)) as a bit of a technophobe, eyes can't cope with long periods on computer screens

cheers Old John