Danish Grenadier Officers

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
grafthomond

Danish Grenadier Officers

Post by grafthomond » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:55 am

Newly joined member here, just getting into the period. I am building up a Danish force, designed to be fairly generic for use in the 9YW and the early years of the GNW and WSS. I realise there were differences over this period, but I am willing to live with them. Whilst I have gained a good idea of the look of the Danes from this and other websites and published sources, I have a couple of questions regarding the officers in the grenadier companies of the foot regiments. Specifically, did they wear grenadier caps like the other ranks, or hats like other officers? Also, did they carry spontoons or muskets? Many thanks for any information on this.
lee sherman
Captain
Captain

Re: Danish Grenadier Officers

Post by lee sherman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:17 pm

Hello

I would probably go with Officers in finer cut coats gold or silver lace on cuffs and seems and the grenadier mitre/fur hat. If you look at Warfare Minatures Grenadier packs the officer is carrying a Carbine and has waist sash and is wearing a fur grenadier cap. If the Danes had cloth mitres you could convert quite easily as I have done so in the past, the figure is waving the men on to assault. I think the officers carried carbines because the frenadiers were shock assault troops and think the spontoon would be to cumbersome in assault... Don't quote me on it though just my own understanding of the officers

Lee