Malplaquet, 1709/2009

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
General Schnapps
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by General Schnapps » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Danke mit der Compliments Robert , they have left me with a warm glowing feeling inside , my only wish for the weekend is that my muskets can give you the same :twisted:
Schnapps
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:52 am

Champagne Dave, who says there is a recession!

There seems to be a central them here with members of the Edinburgh club and alcohol?

:D
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:15 am

I was just getting in some practice for how a French Gentleman should properly celebrate a military victory :lol:

Cheers
Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

My Dear General Schnapps,

Would that your boys knew how to load their muskets, :? let alone aim them, :roll: and fire them :lol: :lol:

Much better that they hide in a ditch somewhere, and keep their sorry hides safe from me :wink: :wink:

Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
wyrdbrother
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wyrdbrother » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:35 am

Peter,

I can always drive down instead and should have room in my car for whatever you need to bring. After all, all I have is a box of dice and a tape :!:

Andrew
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:44 am

Very slight change of subject here. Angus, in his wisdom at the SESWC on Tuesday, put me in charge of lumber to matchsticks. A great honour but probably beyond me.
You are to be forgiven for thinking that I was keeping Andy from Last Valley in a living before he embarked on his new career but I can barely dent the plantation requirements for Malplaquet.
Between us we need to cover an area almost the size of Kirriemuir in trees. So here's the appeal. Would all Gentlemen please gather every tree you can muster and bring them along to the Malplaquet game.
Put your mark on the base of each tree and you might get some of them back. No promises on that count. I seem to remember that a few years ago some of Peters trees/foliage walked off with the dryads.
Let's hear it for the trees. (OK, rubberised horsehair).
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:51 am

What is a Dryad?
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:42 am

I am slowly learning that if I want to take home with me the stuff I bring to the games, I must mark it somehow. Even a command stand deserted to Dale a few games back!

I'll bring a forest. And I have a small redoubt (about 18 inches not that I'm boasting) if it's needed
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:52 am

A personal message has been sent to all you chaps regarding table layout and the tree situation but I did forget to say to remember that everyone that has fieldworks to remember to bring them along as well as I will have to arrange it on the night as some people have still haven't given me the size of what they have. You know who you are :roll:

Cheers
Dave
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:25 pm

No Barry. A dryad is not a discrete name for an East Kilbrodian. It's a walking, sometimes talking tree. Talk to the trees man.
Dave O'Brien, thanks for the info about private messages. I didn't know such a thing existed and have just read some messages from David Mathieson from March. Ahhh! Communication is a wonderful thing. One of these days I'm going to be able to throw away my blanket and box of Swanns.

PS Dave O'Brien, I didn't see a message from you but Angus made it clear on Tuesday. He wants to see every tree in the Northern Hemisphere on the tables in Kirriemuir. So, where was I, 565, 566, 567, ......
Rogerdodger

Post by Rogerdodger » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:48 am

Chaps

I've seen the 'tree appeal'. Just wondered if Angus knew (approx) how many 'tiles' are required to be 'wooded'? The reason for asking was that if we know, then a bit like Dave and his 'length..........(of earthworks), then we could 'gauge' if/how many 'trees to tile ratio' we are short.

IF........ you Guys can not cover the 'requirement' THEN I will see what provisions I can make as I practically 'own Fangorn'. However, as I'm coming up by train it will be very awkward (but I'll work something out), IF ITS ESSENTIAL for the game.

'Tom Bombadil'
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:40 pm

Posted everyone a reply but I forgot to mention that there is a spare table to be slotted in but it's terrain depends where it will end up and this is dependent on the allies plans so we could have another 6 tiles to fill with trees.

Cheers
Dave
Rogerdodger

Post by Rogerdodger » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Aidrian

If you're coming up by train and I can be of any help transporting you up to Kirrie, I'm planning to drive up at 5pm from Perth.

Roger
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:10 am

Roger

Thanks for the offer but I'm fine. It is'nt the 'transport/travel' thats so much of a problem but the actual 'pyshical size' of the 'gear'.

However........if we do need trees, then I may have a 'cunning plan'!

Blucher