Indian Mutiny - November 2009

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:33 pm

Would those of you with flexible roads and rivers please bring them this weekend.

thanks
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:57 pm

Will do Peter, I'll see you on Friday.

Cheers
Dave
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:19 pm

Gentlemen,

I wish you all a great weekend. Whilst you are busy repelling hordes of revolting natives with your stiff upper lip British wallahs, spare a thought for the old man who will be taking his wee boys out Christmas shopping on Saturday and hoping that, by the time he gets home, his copy of RtE will have arrived to put some sanity into what will otherwise be a hectic weekend.

I envy you. :mrgreen:

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
Atheling
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Atheling » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:19 pm

I'd love to see pics of the game if anyone will be taking a camera :) .

Cheers,

Darrell.
Last edited by Atheling on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Add Water High Quality Painting Service:
http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/
Gawalthaufen Blog (Late 15C Warfare):
http://gewalthaufen.blogspot.co.uk/
La Journee Blog (Early 15thC Warfare):
http://lajourney-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Well Done Peter ! :D

I am sure the rest of the "League" would join me in thanking you for hosting a very successful "Mutiny Game"

Of course, the "Mutineers" got their just desserts - most commonly in Lucknow - at the sharp end of a bayonet. :x The Brits and most noble Indian Allies garnered a hard fought victory. The word "Phyrric" does come to mind especially in reference to the hand to hand fighting - slogging it out - Thank god for the healing ministrations of our Surgeons
:lol:
I had a ball gents, and look forward with much intrepidation to "A Very British Civil War" in March :wink:

Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Yes Peter.. fantastic fun... I am sure we'll revisit it sometime in the future!!

many thanks 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:59 am

I suspect that Gunner Terence Milligan, VC, OBE, GN'T will become a regular feature of LoGW folklore in the fine tradition of Colonel/Baron/Captain/Sergeant Schnapps?

Mr CS Grant will undoubetedly have him commanding Royal Factions in 1938, Napoleonic Rifle sections in 1810 and The Wild Geese in Austrian Service in 1709!

Long live the Honourable Gunner Milligan

Nana Na Na Na Sahib :wink:

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:03 pm

As all the guys have already said, it was a great weekend especially the WW1 air game on Friday. Eh Barry? :lol:

Of course the British would never have managed the job of putting down the rebellion without the help of the Maharaja's army knocking nine bells out of rebellious Barry's force and taking his town off him but being British they seem to have conveniently forgotten that fact.

As Adrian was missing I tried my best at double dealing and back stabbing but I'm sure my efforts were no where near what the master would have managed but I'm sure all his attributes will come to the fore in his latest project :twisted:

Cheers
Dave
Last edited by obriendavid on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:01 pm

You should stick to BAG snatching... you always were a Bandit Chief :wink:

Henry Ford
Alpha
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Alpha » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:17 am

Well said Bob! Thanks to all for making it a fantastic weekend! Well done Peter!

Now, Barry and Dave you must understand that the real master game player taking over from Adrian at the weekend was me. The quite persona that I assume managed to get you two slogging it out for the whole game leaving the road open for my Victorious troops to march into Cawnpore! You two were as bad as each other!
Dave: In the true spirit of the game I no longer recognise your sovereignty over the village that you over run.
Barry: You will be hunted down, in time, by Lancers and receive multiple wounds as you command a Russian gun battery in a future theatre of war!

Highlight of the weekend for me...
Kevin keeping his beloved Gordon's out of harms way for as long as possible. Keven...you needed to get their Spats dirty at some point!

David
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:49 pm

For those who have been following this thread, that mutinous peasant Angus has posted a number of pics and a report on his site.

http://www.edinburghwargames.com/Journal%2040.htm

Cheers
Dave
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:32 pm

With references to 'the banter' now flying around on these posting, it seems that the usual 'quality mayhem' that the LoGW produce in these 'games' once again has been achieved!

TOTALLY GUTTED THAT I MISSED IT and missed THE LoGW MEMBERS 'COMPANY'!!

I've had a look at Angus's pictures and was even more gutted!!!

Seems like you all had a great time.

With reference to Dave's comment about me and my 'back stabbing and double dealing' .......I hope he's on about The British Civil War Game (that I will be at if Mr. (Cl)own does'nt call the election for March) ....and you are not referring to my current 'vocation'?! (However you're not far wrong Dave - Back of Beyond was good training for me with regards 'areas I'm moving in' currently).

Surfice to say I've learned a lot hanging round Kirrie these past few years ............however I can honestly and totally deny any knowledge of a spate of 'fires' that have afflicted Grimsby recently...........................

The Right Honourable 'Gentleman' from Grimsby
Atheling
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Atheling » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Blucher wrote: I've had a look at Angus's pictures and was even more gutted!!!
Aha! Didn't think of Angus' site :D .

Cheers,

Darrell.
Just Add Water High Quality Painting Service:
http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/
Gawalthaufen Blog (Late 15C Warfare):
http://gewalthaufen.blogspot.co.uk/
La Journee Blog (Early 15thC Warfare):
http://lajourney-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks for all the comments guys. Glad you all enjoyed the Mutiny game and the Aerodrome Friday night sortie. And a special thanks to david Imrie for his photography tips and well needed tarining off yours truly. Now I am inspired to get my collection and photosonto the web.

Adrian - we all commented on how quiet the weekend was without you. You were truly missed but we'll get you in our sights for the March game.
glad to see your picture made it into this months Wargames Illustrated. May not be great election coverage though!

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
General Schnapps
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by General Schnapps » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:38 pm

well done Peter for organising and running another great weekend ,it all ran very smoothly with everyone fully involved from the first turn to the last and having great fun into the bargain.
Ah yes David the Glorious Gordons, the steadfast defence of the Lucknow Residency on Saturday followed by the Parade ground march through the streets, the text book clearing of the houses and finally the heroic uphill charge into the jaws of the Mutineer Artillery on Sunday with as you correctly point out not a speck of dust on their spats .An action in the fine tradition of the Regiment , surely the stuff of legend.
Kev
ps Adrian do you by any chance require the services of a SPIN DOCTOR ?
I fancy a career change.