Indian Mutiny - November 2009

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:27 am

Blucher wrote: With reference to Dave's comment about me and my 'back stabbing and double dealing' .......I hope he's on about The British Civil War Game (that I will be at if Mr. (Cl)own does'nt call the election for March)
If you make it in March just make sure the paparazzi don't get a pic of you commanding the faction you mentioned otherwise it could be all over the front pages of the tabloids and us getting calls from Nick Griffin looking for a game.

Cheers
Dave
Last edited by obriendavid on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:43 am

Yes indeed Blucher.... be careful what leaks into the Press!!!
You must maintain a attitude of balanced dignity and appeal to as wide a cross section of the Great British public as possible..
so we promise not to mention...

Adolf Jung
The Scots Gays
The Grimsby Gurners
:wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:44 pm

We had also better not mention what he calls Yorkshire residents, we wouldn't want the press to get word of that and scupper his chances :lol:

Cheers
Dave
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:43 pm

May I join everyone else in thanking Peter for an outstanding weekend. It was great fun, both on the Friday evening game and the main event. as I have already said in my email to Peter, a special thanks to Dawn for a lovely Chilli which sustained the Cawnpore garrison for the whole of Saturday and put the fire in gunner Milligan’s belly. May I also apologise for having to leave without helping clear up on Sunday.
I will not go through "lessons learnt" other that I now realise Dave O'B has an agenda that would do Machiavelli proud!
As to Milligan - how right you are Barry, but I should have told you his great- grandfather was an ADC to Lord Clare who commands my mid eighteenth century Wild Geese. (Ying tong, ying tong etc).
Finally thank you all for your excellent\ company. Yours aye. Charles
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:43 am

charge0.wanadoo.co.uk wrote: I will not go through "lessons learnt" other that I now realise Dave O'B has an agenda that would do Machiavelli proud!
Thanks for the compliment Charles but you'll have the real master to watch the next game.

Cheers
Dave
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Gentlemen,

I have been looking through some of the photographs on Angus Konstan's site of what must have been a great weekend and I can't but help get an image in my mind of the only unit that would have added an extra dimension to the proceedings: a company of Cameron Highlanders singing "We will guard old Delhi's walls".

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 pm

We did have the Gay Gordon's in their skirts :lol:

Cheers
Dave