20-22 MARCH

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
martin terroni
Captain
Captain

Post by martin terroni » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:21 am

Hi Barry, glad they were of use, just been gathering dust in the garage. So glad they had a day out or two :) But I am missing something I have not seen any pics from the weekend on the website :?: Have you posted some pics :?: Anyway looks like you guys enjoyed the game
Cheers M
"There's no booze, there's no broads, there's no action!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:35 am

I have not yet posted pics Martin.. work getting in the way :oops:
Angus DOES have ppics already on his site... link on his membership on in the links section of this site...

You can play SPOT THE BUILDING! 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
martin terroni
Captain
Captain

Post by martin terroni » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Yep saw that, always check Angus's site, really nice.
:)

Cheers M
"There's no booze, there's no broads, there's no action!
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Just like to add my thanks to ALL of the 'Gents' (and to others not there, but provided the kind use of their 'stuff') in making it a 'corking' weekend.

Great weekend- great company.

Highlight for me?

Being able to have a shower at 'the Miggin's' on Monday morning. Mr. M was cussing until about 10.30pm putting in the new one- Barry and Kev will know what I mean!

Really looking forward to June!

Cheers Chaps
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Did Mrs Migs offer a retrospective discount Adrian?

Henry Ford
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Well done Barry. An excellent weekend. I enjoyed both days. Everyone will appreciate just how much work goes into the advance planning of huge games such as these. Lots of it is unseen but the evidence was there in the smooth flow of the games and in the accolades on this forum.

The table on Day 2 was truly inspirational and I have since become a property speculator with advance hints to all of the family for birthday presents (thanks here to Colin).

One award was missing over the weekend. Although Peter and Andrew tried hard to maintain their previously, thought to be unassailable crowns for winding each other up, I believe the award should go to long distance Cheeky Chappie Adrian - and Howe! Adrian, you must have been a Weegie in a former life. Anyway, you're you must be an Honorary Scostman by now.

Just to set Angus straight, never an easy task, the two man squad hiding in the village were not mine. I didn't have any infantry on Day 1. Talk with butter wouldn't melt in my mouth, Dave the Innocent.

Now, where are my Malplaquet notes.......
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:23 pm

Dear Dale,

I infer from your craftily constructed post that Weegies are prone to the odd wind up or two... now that may just suggested to those naive enough to believe any of this disinformation that you peddle that you are referring to me....

I cannot think why, no really.......

Adrian is in a League of his own that is why we are thinking of rebuilding Adrian's Wall 8) After him I'd nominate

Sir Angus O'Jaffa or perhaps even Charles Grant, but me!!!!!! come off it... you'll be telling me next that Alex Salmond's Mother was an English Duchess.....

Henry Ford
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:05 pm

Note just in from Duchess Salmond, "We are amused".
I think that translates as, "Oh the banter".

In the company of 14 I think there were 14 wind up merchants among us. Long may it continue.

The consensus seems to be that the Guide Halls make the perfect venue for wargaming and it does save all the humping on the Airlie stairs. I'll get back when I've had a chat with Glynn.
TigerLili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TigerLili » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:11 am

Just wanted to add my belated thanks to Barry for all the hard work prior to and during the weekend to give us all such an entertaining time.

The two days were quite different in style but both very entertaining despite the fact that all my scores were very negative. This could have something to do with keeping forgetting that I had cards in my pocket which should have been played.

Great to see everyone again and looking forward to seeing some of you at Partizan and Carronade in May and all of you for Malplaquet in June in our excellent Kirriemuir venue.

Highly amused by Dale's last post, "it saves all the humping on the Airlie stairs", must have missed that on my visits there. It could only happen in Kirriemuir.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:43 pm

barr7430 wrote:I have not yet posted pics Martin.. work getting in the way :oops:
Speaking of photos, how did the pics of the Quatre Bras and BUA game turn out?

Cheers
Dave
wyrdbrother
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wyrdbrother » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:44 am

Belated I know but I wanted to add my thanks to one and all for all the thought, organisation and banter over the weekend.

I had been thinking of my most memorable moments of the weekend and realise after reading the other comments that I must have missed some of the action whilst being caught up in my own battles.

I should probably clarify my "drop shot" on Peter. Mentioning no names, I merely asked the umpire if it was a possibility and was egged on by him to take the shot. You see Peter and I don't really try to wind each other up - it's just peer pressure.

Top marks to Kevin for his deflection of my subsequent drop shot.

Barry, I don't know to whom you are refering with the "property acquisition" comments but I'm glad we weren't playing cards. How long did you practice dealing from the bottom of the deck? Having said that you always manage to come up with varied games which give us all great gaming memories. Many thanks for that.

Regards
Donald Trump
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:00 pm

Dealing from the bottom of the deck!!!!!

I am cut to the quick :cry:

Henry Ford
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Just returned to "God's Country" from "up north" and obviously missed all this craik.

Seems to be quite a few contributions here over the week, and the favourite has to be Dale - in all his innocence, and the "humping on the stairs" comment. Rosie had to come and see what all the racorous laughter was about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fine way to finish off a weeks graft :D

Can't wait till the next one gents.

Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."