November 20th/21st 2010

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
TigerLili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TigerLili » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:00 am

Already it's a week since we were in Kirrie and here I am just getting round to saying a big thanks to Kevin and Adrian for organising and running the game and to Dale for his customary hospitality. Despite being on the losing side I thought my troops (or possibly my dice) punched considerably above their weight. Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and looking forward to WW2 in the spring - but looking out the window at snow falling, it seems a long way off.

All the very best Gentlemen!
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:39 am

TigerLili wrote: Despite being on the losing side I thought my troops (or possibly my dice) punched considerably above their weight.
Your dice rolling was still as deadly on the thursday game, unfortunately what would have been really bad dice rolling (lots of ones) in R2E is actually very good dice rolling in Triumph to Tragedy whereas all the sixes I kept rolling were no good at all :cry: But at least I still managed to win both games :D

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:55 am

modest as ever :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Barry, old bean,

No really - that was a "B". That's good, as my own SYW rules only got a "C-"! As I said, R2E worked well. As I also said, I still remain loyal to GdeB, which I prefer. Rules are a personal preference. It isn't important that everyone prefers your rules to all others, or even that they play with them. What is important is that we all had an entertaining weekend using them, and our toys. It really was a most enjoyable game, and if you thing me saying so reminds you of Pravda, then you really need to lighten up! As for twatting me on the tabletop, may I remind you that while I landed up back on my starting grid with half my army, you, old chap, were lured from the defence of your village, and hence you were surrounded by the Prusskies and carved into little frogs' legs! Even a Pravda reporter can't change history!

Angus
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Aha! Hooked again :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford