MARCH 12th/13th Revised date, venue,theme.

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Certainly no objections from me Charles, and looking forward to seeing you all again. :D

Booked in at the Airlie as well, so looking forward to a "few" drams :wink:

Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:10 am

Barry mentioned it to me at the Borodino weekend Charles and I am more than happy to have you and Jnr along for the fun.
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Gents, sadly I am unable to make the next game due to unforseen circumstances but I'm sure you'll have a great time as usual. I will pass on all my buildings that are needed to Colin as well as your Russians Peter that did a sterling at Borodino.
Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 am

Dave , disappointed you won't be joining us. Hope all is ok.
Will hopefully see you at Carronade.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:44 am

Guys,

all prepartions pretty much done now. We'll be missing a few regular faces: Dave, David I and Angus but are I think being joined by Charles Grant The Younger and Dave Tulloch which is nice. More info on the day but the most important thing apart from troops that everyone is bringing are:
Buildings
Trees
Fields/hedges
River sections

Hills alas will not be needed as we are in the Netherlands! :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 am

Chaps,

As Barry said, I'm afraid I'll be stuck up in Orkney. I'm unable to come south that weekend, and to make matters worse I sprained my ankle, and so I'm hobbling around with a crutch and a bandage, looking like Long John Silver with gout - or should that be Wide John Silver?

However, Colin has my British toys, and will help stave off Dale's Nats - sorry - Nazis, with his usual aplomb.

See you at the Alma.

Pip Pip,

Angus in Exile
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks Barry. I’ll leave the Alps at home then.
This is the third time I’ve written this and attempted to send. My computer crashed last night and my works one today. I should stay away from them!
We haven’t posted a time for meeting on Friday so I’m going to suggest 8.00pm. With grandchildren staying from Friday morning onwards I’m not available until 8.00pm. If anyone has a pressing reason/desire to get into the hall before then, then come and collect the key. Don’t ring the bell. I’ll be reading the bairns a story hoping to get them off to sleep.
For fairly obvious reasons I’ll not be able to host our usual Friday evening social gathering. Jack is the lightest of sleepers and a nightmare to get back to bed! So apologies, and normal service will resume for the June meeting.
See you all on Friday evening/Saturday morning.
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Gentlemen, I thought that I had better give you early warning that Charles Jnr and I will have to leave you and the game on Sunday morning (which probably means stop playing Saturday night). I hope you will understand but Charles only got back from Afghanistan on R&R on Tuesday and comes home to us tomorrow. In the meantime there has been some pretty hot planning not least of which is that his fiancé and future parents in law are up in Edinburgh recceing the wedding (he gets married when he returns from Afghan in May) at the weekend and are now coming for lunch (we think|) on Sunday. Perhaps with all the uncertainly I should have cried off the game but both he and I wanted to come. I apologise for any inconvenience caused (drams on us I think). We will be there on Friday evening (2000 hrs), all day Saturday, Saturday night and come in to say goodbye on Sunday morning. We will be in the Arlie. Once again my apologies.
Yours aye, Charles
PS. It is easier to plan a whole campaign than plan around children (whatever their age!)
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Barry, do I take it I don't need to bring any tiles this time? (he says hopefully!!)
Peter

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:24 am

If Bob and Dale can confirm we have enough for 4 x 8 x6 tables then you get a pass out! :wink:

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:35 am

Great , I will bring my vehicles and figures and Andy and I will see you at the Guide hall for 9am.

If you need me to bring anything else , holler.

Looking forward to it.

Peter
Peter

thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:11 am

Gents,

More than enough tiles, boards, and tables to accommodate 4 x 8 x 6 (36 plain tiles, 4 Boards, and plenty tables - the lightweight tables can be doubled up to provide a solid base with extensions for casualties, coffees, dice etc !)
Small or large rivers, we should be able to manage OK What I do not have at the Guide Hall is ROAD TILES, OR latex road overlays.

I should be able to make it down between 7 and 8 Friday Evening and weather permitting, and will head straight for the Airlie to book in.

Dave, Angus, and Dave I. sorry :cry: to hear you will not be here this time, but looking forward to June. :D

Regards,
Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Bob, I'll bring my latex roads and the resin ones too.

To clarify something from an earlier post, Dave Tulloch is not available but Steve Rimmer can fill in for the Chas and Chas mobile extravaganza on Sunday if everyone is OK with that.

I've just collected the menu from the Airlie and the prices have plunged dramatically. A table has been booked for eleven at 7.00pm.

Treffers lunch menu much as was. Co-op still next door for Sunday.

Prizes are in hand for winners and losers in the weekend stomp over part of sleepy Holland.

Barry has organised the game(s) himself so I'm in the same "Land of the Bewildered" as the rest of you.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:12 am

Yes Chaps,

apologies for the less than frequent communications from me but this year so far has proved even busier than every other year and yes I know I say that every year but unfortunately it is true!
Having just stepped off a plane from Stockholm I am en route for EK to collect all bits n bobs. (Not Bob of course he is bringing himself!)

Dale I apologize for my less than collegiate approach to this one but I have been able to work on it when time allowed and at those times I realised that it would not be particularly convenient (for you!) if I phoned to discuss ie 0300, 0400 GMT etc. So, thank you for your indulgence of my diary. Everything is planned... we'll all have a nice time! AND I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY NOT TO HAVE TO ORGANIZE ANYTHING FOR A WHILE AND JUST BE A PUNTER!!! 8)

Henry Ford
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Gentlemen, Thank you so much for allowing me to join you for this weekend’s game and my apologies for having to leave (and drag Dad away) on the Sunday morning. I had an excellent time and it was great to meet you all again. Sadly no one was interested in Dad and I discussing the relative merits of the Sherman Firefly versus the Panther over lunch on Sunday and the wedding talk prevailed but I passed my “guts test” and came through relatively unscathed. Thank you again for a great wargaming R&R and a special thank you to Barry for organising such a great weekend. Charles Jnr