MARCH 12th/13th Revised date, venue,theme.

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:17 pm

A pleasure to have you both with us. We were all very pleased to be able to offer you a little distraction from your very important imminent mission and of course, from your day job which I imagine is just a touch stressful too:wink:

I do hope you were not too emotionally distrubed by some of the following which I picked up over the weekend:

1. Adrian's preoccupation with Kirriemuir being a nest for the Septugenarian Undead of Scotland conveniently guising as innocent old age pensioners

2. Adrian's very guilty and perhaps ill advised admission to having once painted a 'REGIMENT' of Spiders what ever that may look like.

3. Your own flesh and blood admitting to having painted and played with FLINTLOQUE Napoleonic Elvish riflemen.

4. Scurulous innuendo suggesting that in the past I MAY once have been at a show which was selling 40mm Zombie Hitler Jugend.. the painting and collecting fairytale is simply libelous!

5. Any reference to a cavalry regiment called the Scots Gays :shock:

Apart from that the weekend was a hoot and Ade has clearly turned into a defeatist. The shape of the scenario lends itself well to our style of event and I may find time to write it up as suggested by Steve Rimmer, CSG and a couple of other members of the LoGW.

For now..... Cheers!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:08 pm

And THANK YOU very much for the Glenlivet Chaps... unnecessary but much appreciated! :D

Henry Ford
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Dear Barrie and fellow Gentlemen, Let me start by reiterating what Charles jnr has already said - we had a supper if all too short weekend with you all – thank you all. It was, as ever, great fun and hats off to Barry for providing such a super series of scenarios. Those of us without the suitable forces must also thank so many of you who provided for us from their own resources. Great to see you all. Yours aye, Charles
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Sounds like a missed a great weekend which is what is normally expected from our weekends together. I know Colin took some pics but did anyone else?
Looking forward to seeing most of you chaps at Falkirk or Partizan.
Cheers
Dave
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:08 pm

An excellent weekend. As mentioned in the very brief debriefing, I think we found (or Barry found) the right level to play Disposable heroes at.

With the much larger numbers on each side on our lastDH game eveyone had long spells of inactivity between shotties. With one or two players on each side of each table the games flowed very quickly with lots of action.

I understand that Adrian has filed a claim for possession of his own private scrapyard and that it is very comprehensively stocked with multi layers of Sherman's. Everyone of them comes complete with tracks, turrets, guns and so on. It's just that they are all in separate piles. However, Adrian takes it all in good part and is the life and soul of the LoGW.

Thanks Barry. Superbly conceived and organised as always.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks Dale!

Interestingly, Adrian seemed to lose the most tanks and most men consistently over all 5 games..... and still won.... HOW does he do it? or is that..

HOWE does he do it!!!!! :roll:

Henry Ford
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Well, I think has all already been said. :D
And I concur with all of it. :D
Great weekend, and looking forward to the next un :roll:
Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Gents

Big thanks to you all for another great weekend of gaming and fantastic company!

Most of what I was going to say has already been mentioned but I would like to 'distance myself' from previous comments made by me (due to a large intake of Macallen!) about 'painting a regiment of Fantasy Spiders' .....

....confessions made 'in drink' can not be heald against 'one' if they occurred more than 20 years ago.....!!!!

Looking forward to June!!!

Blucher
General Schnapps
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by General Schnapps » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Another great weekend spent in excellent company,really enjoyed the 5 game format but not the results of 3 lost and 2 drawn !
Hope to see most of you at Carronade in May.
Kev
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Dear oh dear :shock:
Macallan spelt with an "e"
You obviously enjoy drinking the uisge beatha :D
but we know what you meant Adrian :lol:

Kind regards,
A fellow inebriate :wink:
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:35 am

Great weekend, fun format, plenty of action, particularlyenjoyed being able to play against a variety of opponents over the weekend. Played 5,
W2 D1 L2. Pretty fair overall I would say. And little dispute being heard across the tables either.

This has certainly givenm me some ideas for a DH Vietnam game later in the year. The small table, rotating opponents, variable scenarios ahs a lot of advantages.

And thanks guys for the company. After a stressful year so far at work it is great to relax with friends and blow them to pieces !
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Peter,

Your propoganda skills could well land you a contract with Gaddafi!... applications now being sought in Tripoli! :wink:

Henry Ford