NOVEMBER 19th/20th 2011 Vietnam

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: NOVEMBER 19th/20th 2011 Vietnam

Post by Dale » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Belated thanks to all who organised the game. A measure of the success was that we overran by an hour and no-one was complaining. It was riveting to the end. At least my special forces were well and truly riveted. Incidentally, what was special about these guys apart from dying before they landed?
Oh, that brings me to the little matter of the undercover “special forces” dude who is still clinging, albeit very chameleon like, to the dome of the citadel where he was dropped. I can hear him thirty five years on still trying to make contact with anyone listening to hand over the citadel which he single-handed captured and holds covertly to this day.
I promise to look in on him more often than I do the website. What? EVERY month!
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:32 am

Dale wrote:Belated thanks to all who organised the game. A measure of the success was that we overran by an hour and no-one was complaining. Incidentally, what was special about these guys apart from dying before they landed?
I'm glad you enjoyed the game and I have just realised that I have forgotten to send you Jack's contact details regarding his NAM figures if you still want them.

I felt the same as you about the 'Special Forces' the only difference seemed to be that their morale seemed to allow them to hang about longer and get shot to bits whereas the normal grunts would run, and survive. I know which one I would prefer to be. I've already got ideas for the Special Forces should we decide to run this period again.
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:37 am

I am going to upload the rest of the photos into an online alnum and send them to you all if that is OK
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:01 am

That's fine by me Barry, looking forward to seeing the rest of them.
Cheers
Dave
TigerLili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TigerLili » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:57 am

Thanks for the photos received so far Barry. Looking forward to seeing the rest online when you have time.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:36 pm

OK 20 more uploaded into the online gallery. enjoy 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:41 pm

obriendavid wrote: [I'm glad you enjoyed the game and I have just realised that I have forgotten to send you Jack's contact details regarding his NAM figures if you still want them.
Dale, just found out that Colin has beaten you to the prize and has purchased all Jack's collection so at least we still have them for future games.
Cheers
Dave