16th/17th March 2013 Back of Beyond

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 16th/17th March 2013 Back of Beyond

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Well not strictly true... I don;t cheat with movement, dice rolls and all that stuff.. only the off the table stuff 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:13 pm

barr7430 wrote:Well not strictly true... I don;t cheat with movement, dice rolls and all that stuff.. only the off the table stuff 8)
Unfortunately I have to agree with him but he'll probably charge me for the privilege of agreeing with him. :twisted:
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:59 pm

NOW you are getting it Dave! If only you'd realised on Sunday you may have been a winner too! :lol:

Henry Ford
General Schnapps
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by General Schnapps » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Never mind all this macho HE DID THIS and I DID THAT rubbish what about my yaks? Peacefully travelling from Moscow to Archangel with their cargo of Puppies and Kittens for the poor unfortunate orphans only to be splattered all over the Steppes by the jittery British garrison. It was enough to make our tender Bolshevic hearts weep. Still watching the Czechs buy that boat from the Turks and sealing it with a handshake cheered us up. Probably the first time a rat has jumped aboard a sinking ship !
kev
ps Anyone want to buy a dead Czar ? currently resting in Moscow only one previous careless owner.

pps Well done Colin and Dave another great weekend .
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 pm

General Schnapps wrote: ps Anyone want to buy a dead Czar ? currently resting in Moscow only one previous careless owner.
I forgot about the Whites killing the Tzar, nothing like shooting yourself in the foot although I believe they shot more than that. Ooopppsss!!! :lol:
Yak steaks anyone?
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 am

It will be interesting to hear th views of the Great Deceiver who as yet has not visited the boards since his humiliation. I suspect heis licking his wounds in some corner of eastern England wondering how all of the wheels and the propellor came off his boat...

I think Metro Goldwyn Nicholson is on tour somehere too.

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Angus has finally posted some pics and a report on his website but he seems to have missed the Tzar getting gunned down by the Whites and the unarmed buddist monks being massacred by the Mad Baron :roll: .
http://www.edinburghwargames.com/Journal%2080.htm
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:44 pm

That account is about as factual as we're going to get on this thread. He has obviously been adopting Buddhist principles!

Henry Ford
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:39 am

Now that we've seen all of the 'miss-representation' of the peace-loving, honourable and very diplomatic Czech Legion....here is the true account of what actually transpired!!!!

The poor old Czechs were only interested in 'getting home'...we did not want to be dragged into all of the back-stabbing, dishonesty and double-dealing that came as second nature to the other 13 'players'...!!!!!

I played a very straight game...asking each other Warlord, in turn as I passed through their territory, IF they wanted to 'hire' my force...in exchange for free passage through. Some of the Warlords took me up on my offer...some did not...but all were treated equally and honestly. Once my 'contract' was over, I was a free agent again...so to speak...so I sought new employment. So, Dale....your whinging on about me taking out some of your 'hardware' is quite surprising...!! On numourous accasions I asked you if you wanted anything else transporting...and you said 'NO'... so I moved onto my next employer...who happened to be Andy Nic...who immediately employed me to destroy your armoured car and field gun...proving I'm honourable to the last.

There are lots of other examples of my 'employment honesty' throughout the weekend...but I'm too upset by all the sniping I'm receiving...to carry on....

So it is great regret that I will not believe anything you schiesters ever say again....especially Pasha Angus....always get a HPI check on any land or sea going craft he offers you....it's bound to be hookie...and he had the gall to try to sell me his mums car while we were packing away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...apart from the vicious scarring I've received from my journey it was a truly great weekend and many thanks to Colin and Dave for their organising - and forgiveness to all of you who have done me so much wrong.......
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Blucher wrote: here is the true account of what actually transpired!!!!
Dale....your whinging on about me taking out some of your 'hardware' is quite surprising...!! On numourous accasions I asked you if you wanted anything else transporting...and you said 'NO'.
Just as well you said no Dale he offered me an option of transporting your troops to Vladivostok and dumping them in the harbour :lol:
I have to say that the only two honourable people that I made deals with and they kept their word were the two other White Russians, Andy and Peter unlike those turncoat Reds commanded by 'Pinky'Bob.
Cheers
Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Well, what can I say, - I had a good teacher in duplicity, lying, backstabbing and extortion - you Adrian :lol:

Taking control of the Pasha's boat on charter to the Czechs after ramming it, then subsequently scuttling it clearly took its toll on Adrians aspirations. :twisted:
Offering Adrian a way out on my gunboat, and /or submarine gave him false hope even though he had transferred the gold bullion into my "safe keeping". I had no intention of honouring "our deal" :P

Sad to say that for one who holds his integrity to be beyond any doubt - I rather enjoyed the lying, cheating and backstabbing (hehehehehe)

My congratulations to Dave and Colin on their excellent presentation and and comparing/umpiring - thank you.

Another great weekend in no small due to the "excellent" company
( of liars, cheats and backstabbers)

"Pinky Bob"
alias Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:57 pm

thinredline wrote:Well, what can I say, - I had a good teacher in duplicity, lying, backstabbing and extortion - you Adrian :lol:
Sad to say that for one who holds his integrity to be beyond any doubt - I rather enjoyed the lying, cheating and backstabbing (hehehehehe)
And very well you did it Pinky you were the last person I expected to break their word and attack the peace loving Chinese people.
Obviously all those long hours spent in the pub with Hilton-Howe has rubbed off on you. :lol: Looking forward to the next one.
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Finally the truth from the East as reported by the Dai-Li Sun has now been told and can be read on these pages.

http://davestoybox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... eyond.html

http://davestoybox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... ond-2.html

Despite his numerous denials the Mad Barry has been finally found out as this photographic evidence shows his troops gunning down Buddhist monks which are clearly unarmed.
Enjoy!
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 pm

lies... photoshop lies

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:20 pm

You don't half spin them...

shot down two planes? I think you winged one Jap plane which made it back home. Areyou 'Cross Eyed Kai Shek'? maybe he saw double :lol:

What's all this rabbot about Chinese fighting off numerous attacks.. they were dropping like flies around a barber's ultra violet lamp!

Henry Ford