Waterloo

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Waterloo

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:09 am

Is anyone planning on painting up any more units / adding to their own collections for Waterloo ?

I know I badgered some of you at Claymore but would be grateful for an update of what you think you might have ready for the next big game.
I think Colin is working on some Brunswickers , Barry has accepted the challenge to get some British Allied artillery ready and I am building some Dutch Belgian and allied batteries.

If anyone wants to paint something up for the game then about the only thing we wont need are more French. We're especially light on KGL, Hanoverian infantry and allied guns. Dale is working on orbats so contact either of us if you feel like contributing some painted lead. Don't feel you have to paint something up. We have ways of press ganging other troops onto the battle field !

chow

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:18 pm

Peter, I had emailed you and Dale before I went on holiday 4 weeks ago asking whether you wanted to use my 1812 Americans as Dutch/Belgians as the uniform is similar, so far I've received no reply.

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:46 pm

Peter (not point in addressing it to Dale he's never on the net) I will commit to some 'stuff'. Will try for Srtillery and something else - nit sure yet what that might be though!

If we could see roughly where you are with minis and gaps then I might be more inclined to make a decision :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Waterloo

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:06 pm

Dave- thanks for the offer of your 1812 americans. I'm sure we will need them and to press gang all we can into service for the big game.

Barry- Dale was to have been working on a master list of requirements during the school holidays. I haven't seen it yet but I will follow up with him.

thanks guys

Peter
Peter

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

The armies muster!....

Post by barr7430 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:22 am

Looks like the great paint-athon is well under way.

Peter McCarroll is painting Brunswickers? or is it Hanoverians :oops:
I'm doing Prussians for Adrian Blucher
Colin is painting Brunswickers
Dale is basing large quantities of Brits
Adrian has also been doing Prussians I think.

Is KC out there? have his Prussian legions being growing and has Schnapps been promoted 8)

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: The armies muster!....

Post by obriendavid » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:24 am

barr7430 wrote:Looks like the great paint-athon is well under way.

Peter McCarroll is painting Brunswickers? or is it Hanoverians
Who????????
Colin mentioned something to me on Thursday about new people joining in but I seem to have missed this info.

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:23 pm

Dave,

because this game is so big Dale and Peter offered a few extra places when we met at Claymore(I think you were off plundering the Spanish Main at the time). Paul Mclauchlin and Peter McCarroll are two fine chaps from over here in the west who are stepping in to fill some vacant roles. I think two other chaps from Kirrie.. Dave Mathieson & his brother are also coming. Dave Imrie can't make it because of the impending arrival of his First born!

Peter McCarroll is supplying a siginificant contingent of the Allies (and a jolly go painter he is too!) 8)

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:50 pm

barr7430 wrote:Dave,

because this game is so big Dale and Peter offered a few extra places when we met at Claymore(I think you were off plundering the Spanish Main at the time). Paul Mclauchlin and Peter McCarroll are two fine chaps from over here in the west who are stepping in to fill some vacant roles. I think two other chaps from Kirrie.. Dave Mathieson & his brother are also coming. Dave Imrie can't make it because of the impending arrival of his First born!

Peter McCarroll is supplying a siginificant contingent of the Allies (and a jolly go painter he is too!) 8)
And I didn't find any pieces of eight either but still had a swashbuckling time.

Thanks for updating me.

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Waterloo

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:50 am

Plans are gardually coming together . Looks like we will have enough figures with duplicates of course of all the well known regiments (Black Watch, Scot's Greys etc) and no one with a massive collection of Hanoverian raw infantry surprising enough.

Dave can you suplly the following from your 1812 colelction to double up as Dutch Belgians;
1 x32 infantry battalion (to represent 1st/28th Nassau Oranie
1 x 24 infantry battalion to represent 13th Dutch militia

As Barry mentioned there is a lot of painting taking place. I'm hard at work on British and Duitch Belgian artillery batteries, rebasing British cavalry and pianting up command figures.

If anyone gets bored and feels like painting up a Brigade command figure or two ( I mount mine on circular bases) then these will be very useful , especially for the Allies. With 19 Allied infantry brigades and 11 cavalry we could always do with more command. We're probably ok for the major personalities, its just the minor generals.

thanks
Peter
Peter

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:09 am

Peter,

are we representing the units 1:1? battalion for battalion and squadron for squadron? :shock:

Henry Ford
kutusov
Captain
Captain

Post by kutusov » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:38 pm

Peter,

are we representing the units 1:1? battalion for battalion and squadron for squadron?

if so :shock: you should get a structural engineer to check the tables and more importantly the floor can hold the weight :wink:
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Waterloo

Post by obriendavid » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:23 pm

sharnydubs wrote:Dave can you suplly the following from your 1812 colelction to double up as Dutch Belgians;
1 x32 infantry battalion (to represent 1st/28th Nassau Oranie
1 x 24 infantry battalion to represent 13th Dutch militia
If anyone gets bored and feels like painting up a Brigade command figure or two ( I mount mine on circular bases) then these will be very useful , especially for the Allies. With 19 Allied infantry brigades and 11 cavalry we could always do with more command. We're probably ok for the major personalities, its just the minor generals.
Peter, I'm not sure what those uniforms look like but I can certainly supply those numbers as well as a few brigadiers.

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:38 am

Thanks Dave, these will be very helpful.

Peter
Peter