WATERLOO WEEKENDER

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:53 pm

I am afraid he was well weighted down when he was slipped over the side (with all due reverence and ceremony) so very unlikley to see him again, or at least, not until the sea gives up her dead.

Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:17 pm

Guys,

spent today writing in significant further mods to R2E.

Mostly covering:

Manoeuvre
Artillery Firing at CHARGERS who are a new target
Cavalry Options when being charged
Morale & support for infantry
Clarifying definitions

I think these add even more nuance without over complicating things. I'll look forward to your feedback :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
tonyd
Private
Private

Post by tonyd » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:44 pm

Can someone expain to me how you managed to reach into the middle of the tables? With the dimensions described elsewhere I can't figure out how you could move figures any further away than 3 feet. Can someone please solve this quandry for me as I'd like to put on a similar game in the West Midlands next year.
kutusov
Captain
Captain

Post by kutusov » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:04 pm

I believe they have 2 access h*les in the middle(Think square doughnut) of each large table:lol: which they can crawl under the table and appear in the centre to move troops about (model railway buffs use the same idea for large layouts)

I think a small table the same size as the h*le is set up beside the main table and any troops crossing the h*le in the main table are placed on the small table until their movement makes them re appear on the main table.(Very clever) :lol:

kutusov

they had a very good article in wargames and strategy by Barry of the waterloo game and I'm pretty sure it had an illustration which showed the h*les
kutusov
Captain
Captain

Post by kutusov » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:17 pm

It appears the forum does not like the word that discribes the centre of the polo mint :? as it removes it from the above post :cry:

The mint with the - :lol:
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:46 pm

Firstly Bob let mecongratulate you on your written dexterity and the accuracy of your description 8)

For you and Tony's benefit I get round the ban by using the term 'pop ups' which I suppose I could also technically ban as potentially obscene :shock:
I went through a phase of proscribing about a hundred words all of which would have had a place in the VIZ Profainasaurous mainly due to the ingenuity of the SPAM - who managed to describe many things you might imagine and some you might not :shock: :shock:
So, it was necessary to ban words like hiles, Feck, cant,sheg, nab, bestard,dock,prack and enal :lol: :lol: I am dyslexic and suffer from tourette's syndrome :lol:

Anyway, Tony, get a hold of WSS WATERLOO DOSSIER ISSUE.. It'sall in there 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:49 pm

As Barry mentions there was definitely a 'pop up' and I spent most of the weekend stuck in the said PU moving all of my Corps plus Kellermans Corps and anyone elses troops that moved into the centre. It's a very clever idea as are the inserts into large tables that are also used from time to time and I have started using these ideas with great success at larger games I've put on at our club.

Cheers
Dave
tonyd
Private
Private

Post by tonyd » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:08 pm

Thanks chaps. I'll look for the magazine at a show I'm going to tomorrow. I'd done a similar thing before at Peter Gilders WHC when doing Leipzig.
The French players stand stand in a polo mint(!) which represents the town and part of the river.