AWI

This forum section is open to posts, questions and comments on conflicts between the end of the Great Northern War and the start of the French Revolution. So, Austrian Succession, SYW AND AWI affecionados .. this is for you!
Saxon Warrior
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

AWI

Post by Saxon Warrior » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Someone has to start, so here goes. Has anybody tried or does anybody have any thoughts about using BlB for the AWI?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:56 pm

Haha!!!

Would you believe that VERY conversation took place between Rob Anderson and I on saturday at Dumfries!! He was doing an AWI game and said that BLB would work easily for it...

I dunno because I have never played an AWI game but it has ALWAYS been a target period to start!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
reiver rob
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by reiver rob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:26 am

I think BLB will work very well with any of the 18th Century conflicts. Of course there would have to be a few small changes such as the size of units for different nationalities to reflect their firing capabilities, etc but it would still give a good game.

As Barry said we were discussing the AWI on Saturday at the Dumfries show and there wouldn't be any reason why the rules wouldn't work. I did mention this to him about 10 months ago when I started to paint my British Army for the Seven Years War. The intention was to use BLB when they were finished but I may well practice with the AWI figures borrowed from the club in the meantime.

You see Barry, I told you there were others out there!

Rob
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:55 am

I was very impressed with your game on Saturday Rob. Very nice figures and the vignettes were very well done.
Thanks for coming to the show ! Much appreciated.