One Battle to rule them all - 1660 to 1721

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
footslogger
Major
Major

Re: One Battle to rule them all - 1660 to 1721

Post by footslogger » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Sir William wrote:
The campaign would be Turenne's final campaign in the Rhineland from 1673 til his death at Salzbach in 1675, campaigning against his old foe Montecuccoli. This would also feature the exploits or misadventures of young John Churchill and the English Brigade.

Bill
Bill, I've only been able to find a bit about this campaign in English but it sounds quite interesting. Can you point to good sources about it in English. I can also read some French but it's a lot slower going.

Thanks
-f
Sir William
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: One Battle to rule them all - 1660 to 1721

Post by Sir William » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:57 am

footslogger;

Rather than hijack this thread any further, I would prefer to send you my select bibliography as a Word document. If you will please PM me with your e-mail address, I will send you the bibliography. It is 4 pages long and includes online sources such as Google books, published material not available online, and links to maps and charts (some with OB's) from the Marburg Digital Archive.

Anyone else wishing a copy of the bibliography may also PM me your e-mail address for a copy. These are English sources only, except for the maps and charts, and links to Susane's "Histoiries".

Regards,

Bill
Sir William the Aged
www.warsoflouisxiv.blogspot.com