Twelve Apostles

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Twelve Apostles

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:09 am

Gents,

I have probably missed this somewhere; are there any plans to sculpt matchlock armed troops?

Best
Ben
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Twelve Apostles

Post by barr7430 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Ben,

it is all contingent on sales really. I will be happy to seriously consider this but I need the volumes to justify producing new models. We have started promisingly and I am very grateful to everyone who has bought models so far. Many updates, more data and supportive articles will all follow. This project has taken up a huge amount of my time (which was not planned initially). I have been encouraged to keep going and lots of new stuff will pop up here and on the WARFARE website shortly.
My main tasks now are:

1. Get wave 2 to production (happening and probably complete by end of Oct - beginning Nov).
2. Have painted examples of every code in the shop (happenining now)
3. Launch WARFARE website (probably after the weekend)
4. Prepare for various promo events starting from Oct 1 and the ANTWERP CRISIS show.
5. Take stock towards the end of the year in terms of how to go forward.

As everyone probably knows I am in this period for the long haul (20 years so far and that was without a figure range to promote :lol: ) I am not a manufacturer casting around for a new period to sell, it is kind of the other way around... enthusiast finally finds time to bring out range to represent period he has a passion for). Clibinarium the Sculptor is also a devotee of the period so the 'love' is there! In fact somewhere on the web I came across a recent reference which described me as having a magnificent obsession or something :roll:
If people stick with us and support the range it will continue to expand and could become the most extensive for the period on the market. We would attempt to cover evey useful troop type.

Long answer but the Apostles could appear somewhere other than at the LAST SUPPER :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Well I better keep buying them then!
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:48 pm

The Saints are smiling down upon us... YOU WILL GET YOUR APOSTLES and sooner than you think... :wink:

Henry Ford
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:54 am

:D
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Hope to have something to show everyone next week. 5 poses + possibly up to 8 head variants per pose. This will make 40 variants all with apostles. The sculpts include a kneeling figure.

Henry Ford
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Tue May 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Ben Waterhouse wrote:Well I better keep buying them then!
Same here. I have to confess to slacking off a bit due to Ebor purchases and more-so awaiting the Battalion Pack offerings.

Would that it were the early 00s when my spending was almost scandalous. :roll: Now in the unstable 10s things are a bit different.

Good news: after some decades of decadence (I think maybe there may be a lyric there :wink: ) I am become forced to be much more circumspect in my acquisitions.

Bad news: bad timing for the conjunction of Warfare Miniatures and Ebor. :(
Barry wrote:The Saints are smiling down upon us... YOU WILL GET YOUR APOSTLES and sooner than you think... :wink:
Great news, now I just need to come up with an idea for a fool-proof "Ponzi-scheme".

Michael
"Blessing of your heart you brew good ale."

~ Shakespeare
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Hello Michael,

please have a read at the battalion pack thread. I am taking orders for them now by email and then sorting out paypal payments afterwards. This is saving time in terms of 'on site' illustrations of the combinations etc. Go by the descriptors in the first post and the pricing I have noted in a later post.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3852

cheers

B

Henry Ford
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Wed May 23, 2012 10:46 pm

Barry:
barr7430 wrote:Hello Michael,

please have a read at the battalion pack thread. I am taking orders for them now by email and then sorting out paypal payments afterwards. This is saving time in terms of 'on site' illustrations of the combinations etc. Go by the descriptors in the first post and the pricing I have noted in a later post.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3852

cheers

B
Thank you, very helpful, sorry I managed to miss this first time around. I made a hardcopy of peritinent posts from it for reference.

That, not missing it, would have been more helpful to you what with the demands on your time and with all of us so anxious :oops:

Will be in touch for a few battalion packs after the 27th...a magic date...the monthly rollover on our VISA account :lol:

Michael

~ Shakespeare
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:58 am

I received 40 master sculpts yesterday for the FIRING LINE with apostles.
These models have 5 different poses:

Standing firing
Kneeling firing
Ready
Cocking
NCO pointing/man loading - seperate arms

There are 8 head variants per type. This means they will be sold in 8 different variants of the same code number ie : each of the 8 sets of 5 models will have different head positions. They will also be soldin battalion packs. Scabbards are seperate and attachable as per current Grenadier codes and cavalry.
Should be available by the end of August.
They are being production moulded over the next w

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:44 pm

And very nice they looked to, Steve Shaw has made a lovely job of them.
Seeing the painted figures together at Claymore yesterday certainly inspired me to get on with more figures and actually get them out on the battlefield.
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:38 pm

The Apostolics will be in production next week and available in the shop shortly after that... we're on a roll! 8)

Henry Ford
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:45 pm

barr7430 wrote: ...Cocking
Disgusting!
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
tbarkowski
Private
Private

Post by tbarkowski » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:00 am

A couple of questions regarding apostles in the 1690's

First off does the use of matchlocks automatically mean that apostles were also used by individuals carrying these weapons? Particularly in units where flintlocks seemed to be mixed with matchlocks (as it appears was more common than not in Ireland)?

Secondly, (if the answer to the first question is yes) it seems that nearly all French, English, Irish and Dutch units would fall into the mixed category except perhaps guard and Danish units. If this is true will there also be apostle toting figures with appropriate poses released to mix with the advancing, marching and at ease figures with flintlocks that are already available?

Thanks,

Tim
Tim
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:37 pm

barr7430 wrote:The Apostolics will be in production next week and available in the shop shortly after that... we're on a roll! 8)
Will Apostolic battalion packs be following on? Or have you been thoroughly put off the packing of same? :roll:

Michael

~ Shakespeare