The Day after the Hacking

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

The Day after the Hacking

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Barry,

I still remember your words "that it will take a few days until all is restored" but I dare to complain allready about the following:

All Post since Feb.07,2012 is gone :roll:

Could it be that the reboot got a bit farther back then wished/intended?

So I let Stuart working on it :?

Günter, the Worrier
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Day after the Hacking

Post by barr7430 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:19 pm

That is curious Gunter and we will investigate because, ironically, the Forum was the only piece of the site NOT hacked!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Hmmm. Just looked at the photos - nothing after the 7th there either.. I think what has happened is that the Server Corp probably run a system back up every 7 days and this has reloaded from the LAST backup which might have been on the 7th. Stuart will be able to tell us but I must say, he did a bloody marvellous job getting us back on within about 12 hours!!!

Well done Stuart! 8)

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:27 pm

barr7430 wrote:.....Stuart will be able to tell us but I must say, he did a bloody marvellous job getting us back on within about 12 hours!!!

Well done Stuart! 8)
He has done much faster then it matches the eye because we started to post again around 2pm until "all" was up again. :shock: 8)
The last 7 days were gone missing between until then :roll:

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Good to see you're back up!

I hope Stuart can get some of the Forum posts back - the discussions on 1672 uniforms and the Saxon contingent were especially useful (obviously), but there's a reason we all check in early and often!
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:50 am

What on earth happened there!? Presumably some idiot with way too much time on their hands... Did anyone else get the Bob Dylan anti-war song playing at them? :lol:

Well done to Barry and all others involved for getting the site running again so quickly.

DPT
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:51 am

It would appear to be some - retentive calling himself Paradoks who will no doubt be feeling smug and contented by being an arse who hacked the site.
Google league of Augsburg
Twat!
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:00 am

Ah yes - well spotted. His name appears in the Google search result. The little wanker.

And there was me thinking it was just Bob Dylan expressing his preference for Napoleon's Battles and Age of Reason.
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:00 am

I dont know if and what to write in case Stuart makes it happen that he can restore what has seemingly gone into the sewer. I want to start again my thread about the Saxons 1699-1712 but what if Stuart fixes it and the thread stands there twice :shock: :?:
The same goes with that of Barry, Rob, Bryce, Arthur and all the others. In case of Barry he has lost all the new Warfare Miniatures Pictures. Adrian's entry referring to Derby in March and October and so on.

If I may be so bold I would propose to make not only all 7 days a saving but more frequently like all 3 days.

So I am sitting and waiting to see what will happen :?

Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:26 am

As soon as I can afford it (and Barry releases the generals), I'm gonna buy some Warfare Miniatures. I was on the fence, but that scum hacking things has sufficiently annoyed me that I shall take the plunge and put some money in Barry's pocket.

Even if some pretty minis get painted and then just sit in a display case, I'm all for doing it just to spite the scum and support the LoA! I figure it's the best way to get back at him - do what he tried to destroy.

So - French or Spanish at Blenheim? I could always do Languedoc again, but does anybody know about the three Spanish battalions in Tallard's army?
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:12 am

Do we think think this hacker was an angry gamer - or just some anti 'war toys' nutter?

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:29 am

Duke of Plaza-Toro wrote:Do we think think this hacker was an angry gamer - or just some anti 'war toys' nutter?
I dont think that they are gamers as they hacked another site a day ago.
Brains like a "Schwarzes Loch", all gets sucked in but what gets out is almost unknown or simple s-h-i-t :evil:

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:22 am

Gentlemen,

thank you for the support. Here is a bit of summary as far as I understand. My previous statement on the 'back up' was correct. Our server company are not able to find the data between backups so all posts from 7th till the 'hack' are lost. So para- dick has made himself famous in his own little brain for about 5 minutes because he paid attention in IT class instead of chasing girls and drinking beer. Big deal.
We're still here, the info we've been chatting about is still here and the world is still turning.
The pix can be reloaded - I have them and new ones too. So

Vorwarts!
Adelante!
Avant!
Let's Roll! 8)

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:38 am

barr7430 wrote:.....
So

Vorwarts!
Adelante!
Avant!
Let's Roll! 8)
JAWOLL, mein Herr! :lol: :D :wink: Yes, big Boss!

Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 pm

barr7430 wrote:So para- dick has made himself famous in his own little brain for about 5 minutes because he paid attention in IT class instead of chasing girls and drinking beer.
I think the girls had a lucky escape...