French Horse Artillery c.1812

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
janner
Colonel
Colonel

French Horse Artillery c.1812

Post by janner » Tue May 05, 2015 11:53 am

These form part of my ongoing project to recreate 1st Heavy Cavalry Division c.1812.

Artillery support to 1st Heavy Cavalry Division came in the way of 1st and 3rd companies of 5th Horse Artillery Regiment (5eme régiment d'artillerie à cheval). First up is 3rd company, resplendent in their Hussar-type uniform of French blue with the red trim of an elite unit. These models by Alan Perry are dressed in the 1812 uniform. Although many units did not receive it until a year or two later, they will not be out of place in my c.1812 force.

More photos on my blog, as usual, http://jannersjaunt.blogspot.dk/2015/05 ... nners.html
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: French Horse Artillery c.1812

Post by Greystreak » Tue May 05, 2015 2:03 pm

Nice result, Stephen, and I see you've done the leather 'inserts' on the trouser overalls. :D

I'm also painting Perry Figures gun crews at the moment . . . only in slightly greater quantity, as they are Russian (of course). :lol:
Bryce
janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Tue May 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Thanks, Bryce. You've had a positive influence on me in that my Russian Infantry Division is en route from Foundry :shock:
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu May 07, 2015 2:51 am

Hi Stephen,

Those Gunners look very good! Even as they are very close together they it makes the impession of haste to serve those guns!

Nice!

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu May 07, 2015 2:53 am

janner wrote:Thanks, Bryce. You've had a positive influence on me in that my Russian Infantry Division is en route from Foundry :shock:
Hi Stephen,

Look's as if Bryce has inspired you too to raise Russian Troops :D
Will that be a certain Division or just something to ride over by your Heavies? :wink: :lol:

Cheers,

Günter

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Thu May 07, 2015 11:39 am

As I already have Ledru's French 10th Division, and the start of Razout's 11th, I'm going to focus on Valutina-Gora, Günter.

So I'll kick off with the 3rd Infantry Division and see where that leads me :D
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu May 07, 2015 12:14 pm

It seems that I had choosen my Russians like my Saxons... nobody seems to do them. :D

Good luck :wink:

janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Fri May 08, 2015 6:45 am

I going with a mix of Foundry and Perry, which seems to cover all my bases :D
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri May 08, 2015 9:23 am

I use Steve Barber Miniatures Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery-12pdr- together with 6pdr guns from Perry. Just the Unicorns I may be forced to buy Foundry... :roll:

toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Fri May 08, 2015 10:27 am

The Russians are riding UNICORNS, now that is news, +2 for their horn at least :wink: :wink: :wink:
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

toggy wrote:The Russians are riding UNICORNS, now that is news, +2 for their horn at least :wink: :wink: :wink:
Can you explain to a backwater Saxon what Horn you mean? :wink: :lol:

janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Sat May 09, 2015 10:04 am

Friedrich August I. wrote:
toggy wrote:The Russians are riding UNICORNS, now that is news, +2 for their horn at least :wink: :wink: :wink:
Can you explain to a backwater Saxon what Horn you mean? :wink: :lol:
I'm not sure I like the way this is heading! :lol: :lol:

I've no problem with Foundry infantry (the cavalry look a bit odd), and as long as you buy in bulk, they're cost effective :D

That said, UPS seem to be sending the order via half the cities of Germany :shock: