LOA at Claymore

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

LOA at Claymore

Post by obriendavid » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Here are a selection of photos of the LOA Oldbridge game Barry, Toggy and myself put on at Claymore on Saturday. The game generated a huge amount of interest plus we actually got to play quite a few moves and try out some new ideas.

Cheers
Dave
arthur1905
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: LOA at Claymore

Post by arthur1905 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:29 am

Dave,
It looks like a superb game, great photos, I was sorry that I could not make it up to the show this year, bad planning by me as I was driving home from Cornwall.
Glad you had a great response
Mark
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:43 am

Thanks Mark!
Are you guys putting on another game at Partizan next weekend?
Cheers
Dave
PaulPatrick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by PaulPatrick » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Great photos Dave.

Any more? Battle report & result?

But....do I detect the banners of French Regiments La Marche & Zurlauben marching with William's forces?! Treachery?....or just filling in as Huguenots?

Paul :D
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:00 pm

Just filling in as Huguenots as Colin didn't appear until much later in the afternoon and he didn't have his figures with him.

As for the result. Well we had so many people asking about the game that we never got a large amount of time to game but the first Dutch Guards battalion got blown away by Clanricards and Antrim's regiments but the 2nd battalion with some very impressive/dodgy support managed to decimate the defenders of Oldbridge but had become shaken and hadn't managed to enter the empty village.
The last photo shows one battalion of the King's Guards throwing the vile French mercenaries back into the Boyne.

It was good to get back to some gaming with the guys and trying out some knew ideas that Barry and Clarence will be promoting soon. Overall it was an enjoyable day but I didn't see any of the show apart from picking up a few purchases.
Cheers
Dave
arthur1905
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by arthur1905 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Dave,

yes we are putting on a game at Partizan, we are doing WW2 desert, my siege of Athlone game is not due out again until the Worlds in October, hope to catch up with you next weekend

Mark