Dark Ages Donnybrook

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
John G

Dark Ages Donnybrook

Post by John G » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:37 am

Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of using Donnybrook for the Dark Ages period. My thinking is to keep to the basic rules and mix and match the Special Characters and Options in Lieu of Characters for whatever Warbands I'm playing with (i.e. my SAGA Breton, Norman and Viking).

Keeping with SAGA, my troop types will be mainly Hearthguard (Elites), Warriors (Drilled) and Levy (Recruits). Armour to be limited to Heroes and Heathguard. Levy to be limited to Bows, Javelins and Spears, with the possible addition of Slings having a range of say 20". Warriors and Hearthguard to be able to wield any of the other weapons. As they were prestige weapons, probably best to limit Long Swords to Heros and Hearthguards. Shields to be only used by Heroes, Hearthguard and Warriors.

I'll flesh this out a little more and report back. In the meantime, if anyone has any insights, or experience playing Donnybrook in this period, please let me know.

Keep safe and well,
Regards
John G
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dark Ages Donnybrook

Post by barr7430 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:46 pm

Watch out for what Harrison is cooking up now then with regard to Donnybrook..... :wink:

I also have some scenarios due for publishing. Admittedly 17th century but about 6 done so far, all based on historical events.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
John G

Re: Dark Ages Donnybrook

Post by John G » Sun May 10, 2020 10:18 am

Hi,

Whoohh! sounds interesting. I might put my project on hold a while and wait to see what turns up.

Regards
John