GMB Flags

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GMB Flags

Post by Angus Konstam » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Gents,

My 'puter died last week, taking with it all my wargaming files, and about 25,000 words of manuscript. While I can always re-write the damend book, the loss of the anorack files was quite a blow. I therefore need your help with something, as I lsot the on-line order form;

I need to order some 28mm ACW flags from Graham (?) at GMB Designs, but while I have the ref. numbers, I don't have his new address, or e-mail. I think the flags are £3 each (more for "specials"), but I don't know his postage rates. I need flags pretty urgently, so I'd appreciate any help you chaps can give me.

Angus Konstam
www.edinburghwargames.com
Saxon Warrior
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Saxon Warrior » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:43 pm

According to their websites GMB only do ECW flags. I seem to recall that one of the guys at Flags for the lads is called Graham. They do ACW flags, (v. nice, I have lots). If these are the guys you're thinking of their website is
www.gb&sdhobbies@karoo.co.uk. or there are TM Flags, probably the best, (but a bit more expensive)
mark@tmterrain.com.
Hope this helps.
Dave.
marshalney2000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by marshalney2000 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:51 pm

No Angus is right, GMB do ACW, Napoleonic and WSS as well as ECW. Unfortunately I do not have the current address and was about to ask the same question.
John
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Try this: gmbdesigns@blueyonder.co.uk

18th Century Guy
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:29 pm

Thanks, Chaps.

That e-mail worked, and Grahame Black (Mr. GMB) got in touch.

Yup, in my view he does the best flags around, and for a range of periods, including SYW, AWI, Napoleonic, ACW, ECW and HYW. It gets a little confusing, as he has no website, although Bicorne sell his ECW flags direct.

I've tried TM Flags, and Flags for the Lads, but in my book GMB is a far better product. It certainly beats painting the bloody things on linen...

He also does a range of 40mm flags, and 15mm ones for people who still use munchkins.

If you e-mail him at the address given by "18th Century Guy" then Grahame (with a "e") will send you his latest flag lists. Current price is £3 a flag, or £4 if you want two the same (i.e. ones for a 2nd battalion).

Best,

Angus
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:58 pm

You -- Konstam :lol:

Get the curtain lining out and GET painting.... bought flags indeed :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:59 pm

My own draconian censorship spoiled my tag line but let's say it had a FELINE flavour... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW! :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford