"Does anyone know of"

Help related to anything in the gaming world
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

"Does anyone know of"

Post by thinredline » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:06 am

Does anyone know of a figure manufacturer producing 28mm Greek / Russian Orthodox Priests - with robes and headgear - my Russian troops need blessing before engaging the enemy, or was that last rites after getting gubbed :!:
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:29 pm

Bob, Colin has a number of figures like that. When he gets back from Norfolk I'll give him a call and try to find out for you.

Cheers
Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:37 pm

I should have known - anything "special" or "strange" - Colins yer man" 8) Cheers Dave

I have a panorama shot of the Malakoff, lo behold said Orthodox priest doing the needfull along with the Russian version of "Flo" - would make a nice little vignette :D

Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Bob, the only figure Colin has managed to find is this one from the Brigade Games WW1 range which I think you can get through North Star. It just dawned on me that Foundry has a priest in their Cossack range which might be worth looking at although you then end up getting charged their rediculous £7 postage charge.
Perhaps some kind soul on this group might have a spare figure they are not after?

http://www.brigadegames.com/Merchant2/m ... ct_Count=2

Cheers
Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your efforts.
The Foundry example is....very "Rasputinish" but no bad, and I might be able to lay my hands on one.
Brigade - now that's a funny hat :!: :!: Having said that, there were lotsa other goodies on their website, an I'm still drooling :shock: :shock:
The very warmest regards,
and greetings and felicitations to you and yours this christmas and Hogmanay :D :D
Bob and the clan
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:15 pm

West Wind have four mad monks in their Romanov Holiday range (Gothic Horror GHR0004).

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:58 am

I didn't bother mentioning those Peter as they dont look as if they are blessing troops but attacking with them and as you will have guessed Colin has those as well. In fact they took part in all our LOGW Back of Beyond weekends.

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:28 am

You mean you can be blessed with a sword or axe in Russia !

They are dynamically posed but could be converted into more appropriate figures although IMHO the Foundry SYW Cossack figure is the best available.

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
Ouwerkerk

Russian Monks

Post by Ouwerkerk » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:10 am

I recently received a russian monk from The Assault Group as a freebee.

I suggest you contact Pete at info@theassaultgroup.com to obtain details.